When do youngster fill out

Groom Mum

Visit site
My two year old is a skinny little thing. Not skinny so much but he permanently looks tucked in. I cant feel his ribs but he has a skinny little bum. He just doesn't look like my other one who is fairly stocky. At what age do they fill out a bit?
I have never had a youngster so it's all new to me !!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
They fill out when the stop filling up!

Whatever you do, don't overfeed now, a two year old is supposed to be a gangly bean pole... Just wait and see how he looks this summer. My youngster started to fill out when she was three and I lightly backed her that winter. Then turned away again until she was four. She is different to her cousins and half-sisters though so it just depends on them individually.

Groom Mum

Visit site
They fill out when the stop filling up!

Whatever you do, don't overfeed now, a two year old is supposed to be a gangly bean pole... Just wait and see how he looks this summer. My youngster started to fill out when she was three and I lightly backed her that winter. Then turned away again until she was four. She is different to her cousins and half-sisters though so it just depends on them individually.

It's very tempting to over feed because its winter and I worry he's too thin. He is just like a gangly teen. I'm sure he will fill out in the next couple of years. Thanks.

Shutterbug

Visit site
My 4 year old was the same when he was 2 - all neck, legs and bum high and looked like a bean pole and on occasion ribby as well but I was also warned away from the tempation to overfeed and he did start to fill out quite nicely between 3/4 - he was backed last spring and is currently turned away for winter as he was ridden summer and he looks great right now

flirtygerty

Visit site
my young cob, now a five year old, looked awful at three, although I could see his potential, now I can see a nearly finished pony, still bum high at times but filling out nicely just on grass and a little keep him happy hay if he's in the barn

Leo Walker

Visit site
Mine, also a cob, was a weedy little thing at 2. He filled out a bit rising 4, and now rising 6 he is built like a rhino! I dont think hes finished yet either!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
It's very tempting to over feed because its winter and I worry he's too thin. He is just like a gangly teen. I'm sure he will fill out in the next couple of years. Thanks.

When her mum was 10, she looked amazing, proper leg in each corner mare. My filly looks nothing like her mum now but she has five years or so to properly mature at her peak.