When Gleneagles did BE

Quadro

Visit site
Afternoon all,
Just on my way back from schooling round Gleneagles xc in preparation for Hutton next week. We did all the intro all the prenovice and most of the novice but wonder how hard it was regarded as when it was a BE track? Just for comparison!
Thanks
Q

EventingMum

Visit site
It was never the most challenging of courses tbh, it's fairly flat so no jumps up or downhill and was fairly short too so not a great test of fitness. I think the last time it ran there wasn't a novice but had a PN plus instead. It used to be regarded as an easy step up to the next level. Personally I would consider it and Oatridge as the easiest at the lower levels up here.

Jingleballs

Visit site
Ooh what class you doing at Hutton?

I never saw the BE course at Gleneagles and have only competed round the 2'6 unaffiliated course but as EventingMum says, it's a flat, short course and relatively straightforward.

I'm sure you'll be more than ready for Hutton though!

I'm still hoping that Drumclog reschedules so that I can get my first BE run over and done with!

Quadro

Visit site
Thank you! Ive got 2 in the 90 so fingers crossed it runs. Hopefully going round all the PN fences will be enough prep then. I would like to do Drumclog but ive got amateur 2nd round in oct and hoys so might not fit it in!
Desperate for Hutton to run would be nice to use my BE membership once!!
Q

Jingleballs

Visit site
Thank you! Ive got 2 in the 90 so fingers crossed it runs. Hopefully going round all the PN fences will be enough prep then. I would like to do Drumclog but ive got amateur 2nd round in oct and hoys so might not fit it in!
Q

I'm sure you'll do brilliantly! Shame you won't make Drumclog in October (if it even runs!)

I'm glad I was only competing on a ticket!

Jingleballs

Visit site
Will try and do Drumclog if poss. They will need to get the times sorted if in Oct as i was going xc at 18.40!!
Q

Good point -I hadn't considered that! I wonder if they would restrict the 80T class size. I was due to be first in the class but I wouldn't have been going XC until after 5pm!

Jnhuk

Visit site
Q

I love your optimism re Hutton..... crosses everything!

dominobrown

Visit site
I am close to hutton and its raining *stamps feet*.
I never knew Drumclog was going to be rescheduled?? Would love that to happen, save me driving down to the dreaded "south" :D