When is it time to panic and call the vet?

Lintel

Visit site
GSD pup is now 15 months old and we have managed to avoid the vets laterally until Monday when he got his boosters and kennel cough.
But....
Today all was "normal" until around 12pm when I realised he didn't want any treats and was more tired than usual.
He hasn't eaten his dinner, hasn't drank... as far as I'm aware (he could be drinking the horses!) But he is still up for a game although more half hearted.
Tonight he has been boaking nothing coming up and has had watery stools, and he just wants to rest if he isn't playing.
No change in diet... but he may well have eaten something and I disinfected all his toys and area yesterday.

When would you panic?

SadKen

Visit site
Yep I would call now too, GSD are at risk for bloat as they are deep chested. My old boy recently had it with similar symptoms although he also had a very distended abdomen by the time we got to him.

Hopefully your lad has just picked up a bug and you'll be down a bit for the vet visit but it's worth it anyway even if just for peace of mind.

Lintel

Visit site
Kept an eye on him overnight and saw the vet this morning she thinks he may have eaten something and has given him some paste to settle his belly. Will monitor the next few days, still not keen on eating but is more than happy to drink out the toilet so he is getting back to normal!

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
You're a lot more laid back about it than I would have been! A friend sent me a delightful pic last week of a sock that his dog threw up after five days :p she was still eating and drinking though. Hopefully it's just a dicky tummy.

Moobli

Visit site
Glad you’ve seen the vet now. It’s probably something he’s eaten or he may have picked up a bug. Hope he’s much better soon.