When it all comes together!

rara007

Visit site
I'd like the add that Trevor is not and never will be a working gundog :p I have 0 interest in taking him 'actual' shooting. I don't know the full reasons he came into my hands but ultimately he 'failed' for a reason! He already knew all about self rewarding for sure and his prey drive is something else. He's an awful lot of dog as a step up from my show cocker and also to live in a family home with the inconstancies that gives. It's been a massive journey to get him to be able to walk around the fields at home off lead even- and he's not the sort of dog a road walk is going to keep content. He isn't steady, doesn't walk to heel more than 10m without yet another reminder or change of direction and his mouth varies from just a bit sharp to bird smashing tugging (We do use a tug as a reward for agility and fly ball...) Most of the local dog trainers secure runs took him less than a lesson to find a way out of.....
I've had him since May 2017 and only now are we really starting to make headroom-
he posted pretty decent times in the BASC scurry in the long retrieve and in the water scurries. Even when things went wrong, he was still focused on me and the task in hand which is all I can ask for- dogs don't read rule books!

Long retrieve:
[video=youtube_share;0GW8_tbdN_8]https://youtu.be/0GW8_tbdN_8[/video]

Water:
[video=youtube_share;LlGdFaRpoEw]https://youtu.be/LlGdFaRpoEw[/video]

Being a spaniel for the bales! But still 100% focused on the task.

[video=youtube_share;DN_wm9M5KwA]https://youtu.be/DN_wm9M5KwA[/video]

Really proud of how my little (big) spaniel is starting to come on :) Yes he really is an awful lot of work but that metaphorical elastic that's starting to develop when he's working (read every time he's off lead- he's not a dog to trot along not thinking about the next hunt) is something special that you don't get without a fight.

I say now my next dog will be from a puppy to help with that connection but by the time that is these 18 months of apologetically retrieving him from neighbours (humane) fox traps will be distant memory so who knows!

Equi

Visit site
Hes lovely. I love to see people having proper fun with working dogs even when they are not used for "work." Working in kennels for years you really can see the difference between the working and home types just by their confidence.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It was at Quy (chief filmer here ;) ) The spaniels all seemed intent on going under fences (TBF they don't know that isn't the task!) and the labs went over the top/out over the last bale - 'well you said back?!'

It was great watching everyone :).

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Ah, one of the car parks was right next to them all :), it was like a land rover convention, that's why I was confused, I wasn't sure if they were usually halfway up a hill or something!

rara007

Visit site
This would be a good one to go to! You can see the car park in the first vid. We’re always parked up with the pony scurry so not sure on hoe close the parking is to the other ones we’ve done. He does just love it! There’s many funny sights to be seen!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Game fair a few years back at Blenheim half killed me! To be fair, it was a full day of walking, by the end of it I was in serious bother!

maisie06

Visit site
Well done! It's so rewarding when things start to come together, I had a fab weekend winning a trophy for "most improved combination" at our Gundog clu get together - it hasn't been easy but it's been a mountainous learning curve and great fun!

Clodagh

Visit site
Well done! It's so rewarding when things start to come together, I had a fab weekend winning a trophy for "most improved combination" at our Gundog clu get together - it hasn't been easy but it's been a mountainous learning curve and great fun!

Well done Maisie!

rara007

Visit site

Fab :D Lovely to get the recognition :)