When lockdown is over...

SpotsandBays

Visit site
... what is the first horsey thing you will be doing?
I purchased a new saddle and I need to have it fitted so the first thing I do will be getting the saddler out! Itching to start using it!
I’m hoping that I can get to at least one show with my 2 year old (I really wanted to get him out this year for exposure), and id love to get to a sponsored ride! But aware that it is unlikely. I’m taking this time to strip right back and work on things that me and my boy struggle with so when we are able to, we will be better than ever.
What about you guys?

Wheels

Visit site
Beach for a good old gallop! I can do that quite happily at a very large distance from other people once the whole 'essential journeys only' thing is downgraded.

At the moment the PSNI are stopping people even getting to the coast to ensure local beauty spots are not overrun but once they relax that I am off a galloping :D

AML

Visit site
Bitter sweet for me

First thing is to take my "best boy" to his loan easier retirement home. It is the perfect home for him and is the other end of the valley from where we used to live, so it feels like he is going home. He was due to go the Saturday after lockdown was announced, so I'm really treasuring these extra weeks together.

I then start the search for my next partner in crime and hope my young horse sells before I find them.

So I won't be coming out of lockdown with a bang - more of dribble ...

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
I'm going to get one naughty horse's teeth rasped, with veterinary sedation, and the other horse a lameness work up with a view to giving her long term painkillers.

I'm not that keen on either prospect to be honest, but needs must.

Widgeon

Visit site
Starting my search for a new one again! Probably about a year on from when I first started.

Yeah. When lockdown is over I need to sell my pony and find one more suitable. I just feel gutted about the whole situation, and the uncertainty isn't really helping. I thought I had a good home lined up for him pre-Covid, but then the lockdown hit and she couldn't come to see him. Sigh.

Visit site
I have a Shetland Show in the planning for the second weekend of September ... It was supposed to be a qualifier only Championship show but IF it goes ahead it will be an Open show now... Here's hoping we will be able to run! I have already cancelled my racehorse show at the end of July - mainly because I couldn't get a ride judge! You have to use a judge on the RoR's list and I rang/messaged/emailed all bar 2 on the list. A few were busy, a few declined, most didn't even respond which really annoyed me! The 2 I didn't ask were because 1 wouldn't be able to judge half the entries as they probably trained them at some stage! And the other was down to judge at every other show in Scotland and the north of England so I didn't want to ask to give them a chance to get out with their own horses themselves! Oh well! Problem solved for this year anywho!