When should I take the plunge

RunToEarth

Visit site
and clip my coloured? Took the cob's legs off and hogged him but he is still out so im not clipping him yet. But when I got coloured back from leahurst he was really wooly, obviously not had a rug on after I asked for one to be put on him. I am working him everyday now, and aiming to be out hunting for 14th Oct. So should I scrub him and clip him tomorrow when I have the time or risk scraping spare hours together later in the month? He is quite hairy now and is getting sticky when worked, and a little hot under his rug. He will be having the lot off, minus saddle patch.
confused.gif

_daisy_

Visit site
if hes sweating up now id clip him this weekend. Best doing a good job of whilst youve got time rather than making a mess of it and then touching it up later.

got 3 to do tomorrow!!! oh the joy

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Go for it and do it tomorrow! Our coloured one has already had his chest clipped and he isn't even worked that hard yet, but still getting sweaty!

eekmon

Visit site
Get it off!
cool.gif
Im clipping mine tomorrow, its still quite warm down here and my old guy has come back dripping when hes been ridden ( not doing half the work yours is) The only thing is, clipping this early means probably doing it again in a few weeks. One at our yard is having a second clip tomorrow!
shocked.gif
Better to have a comfortable clipped horse than a sticky wet one!
smile.gif

madgirl

Visit site
go for it !!
will be clipping major off in 3 weeks when he is able to live in at new yard!! he isnt doing much work atm but will be doing more!!

nomini

Visit site
I'd do him now! Did Jiggy yesterday and he looks lovely now!! Did Alisha (the easy bits) a couple of days ago and finished her off today (the tickly bits!) - had to ACP and twitch her to do that!

Tia

Visit site
I can't clip any of mine yet as they still have their summer coats, however for your guy who sounds like he has his winter one through, I would clip tomorrow.

RunToEarth

Visit site
Ok then tomorrow it is. Was mad with myself today because I was so busy clipping I totally forgot about Monty's "outbursts" and was leisurely chatting to bekka when he kicked out and caught my shin really hard, and Monty hasnt exactly got TB feet
smirk.gif
my own silly fault!