do you prefer coffee or tea??

• Total voters

Madam_max

Visit site
About 6 months ago and got jumped off.
frown.gif

Tia

Visit site
For the first time in 30 years (see never think you are invincible) I bailed out on a young 3 year old a few months ago, who I was riding and teaching to work with a herd of cattle. He was "faced up" by a brazen steer and it frightened him so much that when I left the herd he just flew up into the air. He kept going up and down and as I was in a western saddle that horn was getting ever closer............I jumped! I expected to land on my feet but the bugger went back up again and took my right leg with him.

Well I suppose it was at least pretty spectacular!

Chex

Visit site
On the 1st of August, and not been allowed to ride since
frown.gif
roll on February so I can get back in the saddle (my nice new saddle might I add, not even had a chance to sit on it yet!)

JadeWisc

Visit site
I did in the last month, but it was my own stupidity. I was on my aunts 3 yr old mare bareback with only a halter and lead tied around to guide her......she is very gentle, but suddenly a section of corral panel gates fell and she was spooked. I FLEW off that horse!

Olliedog

Visit site
Last year, and it was a bit embarrassing. I was trotting down the long side of the arena when the mare I was on jumped sideways:she went left, I went right
tongue.gif
. Ended up doing a graceful commando roll over her shoulder and ended up flat on my a**e. Instructor just laughed and said wasn't I glad that they'd just resurfaced the arena.
crazy.gif

fairhill

Visit site
I put in the last year, but it was actually 2 1/2 years ago - hacking out and friend's horse bucked and bolted, throwing her, so mine joined in. I stayed on till the second corner at flat out gallop, ricocheted off a sign post, bounced into a wall, and gave up... had to walk back to the yard, where thankfully both horses were there - only damage to horses were broken reins... but I've got a permentantly knackered back from it...

The year before he threw me through a post and rail fence after bolting in the school - I broke the fence with my leg, and was very lucky not to break anything.

Needless to say that horse has now been sold, and I have a much quieter life now

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
Exactly 4 weeks tonight, off a 4yr old I was trying to back. I was in the indoor with my boss/trainer. He legged me up to lie over the saddle, I put my leg over the saddle and the youngster totally panicked. He shot off flat out and my trainer couldnt' hold him. Horse went left then right... I just went left LOL. Ended up in hospital for 5 days with fractured spine and haven't been on a horse since
frown.gif
frown.gif
Only another 2 weeks to go before I'm allowed to ride again tho!

Don't you think rider insurers should off a no-falls bonus like car insurers offer no claims? I was doing pretty well before I started mucking about with this loopy youngster!

riotgirl

Visit site
I know! I still don't know how I managed it. Not sure who was more shocked - me or the horse. I swear, she looked at me on the floor, looked up at the saddle, and looked at me again. She was so puzzled bless her
grin.gif

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I had to vote never, as it didnt give the option of 'years ago'.

Last time I fell off, me and a mate were having a race up a hill on someone elses horses, the horse I was riding suddenly veered left and i went out the side door. Must have been about 12 years ago. God, i've gone and tempted fate now havent I?

ETS:
I did come off rather well though, did a somersault and landed on my feet.
grin.gif

Vix1978

Visit site
When one of the horses I train decided to have a massive bronking fit down the field. Managed to stay on all during the episode, but when she got a kick for being an 4rse, she did a massive bronc, which resulted in me doing a flip and landing on my feet (quite impressive). I suppose there is some poetic justice in there somewhere......

jacks_mum

Visit site
Jack decided to teach me how to get off at a gallop on Saturday! I learned really quickly - only took him two bucks at full speed. He stood next to me until I could breath again, kind of said - oh good you're alive - and buggered off home leaving me to walk a mile on my own asking random people if they had seen my horse go past! Bast@rd. It's only the second time I've come off him too.

ladylisa

Visit site
MMMMMMM i answered the poll last month about broken bones while riding, two days later was cantering and horse tripped up and went down on the face, so i was thrown over her head and fractured my wrist and ended up with a great mud face pack...that was 4 weeks and 2 days ago, and i had my pot taken off yesterday, but my wrist is so weak ive got to wear a splint for riding.

MissDeMeena

Visit site
I miss read the title, and thought it said "when was the first time you fell off"... so will say about that.. as it's more funny!!

I can't rememver how old i was.. but my pony put his head down to eat some grass.. and i went too
crazy.gif
LOL hehe