When will spectators be allowed at competitions?

Orangehorse

Visit site
Has anyone any idea when spectators will be allowed back? Racing is to get spectators at Goodwood. I would have thought that Eventing is the most social distanced of all sports. I can take my lunch.

teapot

Visit site
Has anyone any idea when spectators will be allowed back? Racing is to get spectators at Goodwood. I would have thought that Eventing is the most social distanced of all sports. I can take my lunch.

Not quite. They're trialling the final day of the Qatar/Glorious meeting with 5000 people on site, mainly Goodwood members (who will stick to the rules, not the usual crowd that you can get in certain enclosures). They're also trialing two country cricket matches too.

I think it'll be Sept/Oct at the earliest.

Last edited:

StableMum

Visit site
Sadly I can't go to dressage with my daughter as her Dad drives her. I'm left at home watching the internet for results!
Very annoyingly at her competition last week she said there were people blatantly ignoring this rule and turning up with more than one helper per horse and being let in!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
they were strict at the dressage i went to today, took our temperatures on arrival and made notes of our names and addresses and they squirted antiseptic handwash on our hands before we even got out of the lorry. it was really quiet but i enjoyed being there and hope i can soon go to watch eventing...

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
DH just home from 2 days testing with the bikes, was horrified at the lack of distancing, the amount of families and friends that appeared to 'support or help' others. He popped back home yesterday evening to swap bike no 2 for bike 3 (bike No 1 all good) and wasn't stopped going back in. Security and distancing dreadful.
Similar reports back from friends who were at Donington earlier this week.

Horse world seems 50/50, but round here they have been pretty strict with the rules.