When you poo-pick...

pistolpete

Visit site
Do you remove all the poo to a trailer or muck heap or does it go to the edges of the field? If it goes to the edges does this mean the worms could still be in the ground?

pixie

Visit site
Into barrow and to the muck heap. Sometimes in the winter, if we've not been able to do it for a few days due to bad weather, then we sometimes chuck it into an adjoining stubble field if there is one handy :)

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Poo pick twice a day, into barrow, into muck trailer, which is emptied once every 2 weeks or so.

Been on zero worm count for years, and no longer worm other than one in autumn.

rachk89

Visit site
Poo pick twice a week if i am able to. I do get the yard to do it once a week and I do it at the weekend too if I can. Would never have time to do it twice a day though unless I only got 4 hours of sleep or never rode the horse haha. Plus it's too dark at night once I get home from work.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Do you remove all the poo to a trailer or muck heap or does it go to the edges of the field? If it goes to the edges does this mean the worms could still be in the ground?

I don't see the point in putting in the corner of the field. We collect into barrows and wheel to muck hill or we use the tractor and trailer and one drives one or 2 poo pick and then it gets put on muck heap. Chisholms collect it ever 1 - 2 months

I poo pick every day once the horses are in so when they go out each morning they go into a clean field.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Poo pick twice a week if i am able to. I do get the yard to do it once a week and I do it at the weekend too if I can. Would never have time to do it twice a day though unless I only got 4 hours of sleep or never rode the horse haha. Plus it's too dark at night once I get home from work.

There is such a thing as head torch lol

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I don't see the point in putting in the corner of the field. We collect into barrows and wheel to muck hill or we use the tractor and trailer and one drives one or 2 poo pick and then it gets put on muck heap. Chisholms collect it ever 1 - 2 months

I poo pick every day once the horses are in so when they go out each morning they go into a clean field.
We rarely worm just tape worm and insisted red worm

Nov Jan and March

Spottyappy

Visit site
I poo pick twice daily, however if it's too muddy to get the barrow in the field without damaging my back, then in winter only the muck will be thrown up one edge.
Otherwise, it's goes on the heap.