Where are all the comp reports?! Mine is too boring to post

Jesstickle

Visit site
thought I'd pop in to see all the real people doing things with their real horses after my really rubbish attempt at prelim tests this weekend and it is ever so quiet in here.

Where are you all? Are you all in hibernation or has everyone officially left and moved to twatter forever?

Lolo

Visit site
Al and I are attempting to draft a report of the past 2 months of her WP position which isn't solely based off the staggering amount of junk food she's eating or the hilariously cheeky antics of the small fat pony.

Lolo

Visit site
Lots, mostly of said small fat pony, looking especially small but not so fat!

1460998_10200796315369765_650190253_n.jpg

You can have a taster if you like... Pre-hack, hence the bungee (he is truly bonkers out hacking atm)!

wench

Visit site
I got my best ever score in a dressage test yesterday, 67%! It was a w&t, and judged very leinientlty!

I've just looked at the photos, I'd have given me about 57! Pony looks like a giraffe! On a plus point I don't ride like a complete idiot any more, normally end up with clown feet sticking out. I've improved on that at any rate!

Jesstickle

Visit site
Well done wench :) I think you should do a proper report avec pictures if you have them though!!

crazymare, I can' find yours. I think it might be the Keysoe one? Is that right?

star

Visit site
Last one I.posted didn't get much response so haven't bothered recently. We won a BD Prelim last week and would have got first score over 70% in the Novice if numpty here hadn't gone wrong. Then we did arena eventing at Merrist Wood on Saturday and managed a cricket score when orange horse decided XC jumps in an arena were for dancing around rather than jumping. Then yesterday went to BSJA and had 4 fault itis. Nothing very exciting really! Hoping for better things from BD this week.

DuckToller

Visit site
I could do a post about daughter and my four day trip to Aintree, if anyone is interested, but I am still reeling from the experience.

We set off mid day with the two Belgians - she qualified her horse for the 1m, then she qualified my horse, who was initially her horse, but she didn't like him so I nabbed him, but since she qualified him he is now apparently her horse again - are you still with me? - so we thought for the cost of the diesel and hotel, why not take both?

We arrived mid evening with enough baggage to kit out a refugee camp, but instead of having two pairs of hands to unload the lorry and sort the horses, daughter wailed pitifully that she was dying and couldn't breathe - the cold she had started the journey with had developed into student flu (similar to man flu, apparently).

She looked truly ghastly so I sent her to bed in the not-remotely cheap budget hotel that had bumped its prices up for us rich horsey folk, and over the next few days I ended up covering more miles than my friend on her ramblers walking holiday - I was rushing between the hotel, the arena and the stabling area. We were in the stables at the furthest point from the lorry park, in fact we were practically stabled on a roundabout in Liverpool, and our lorry containing tack and feed was nearly as far the other side as you could get.

I was mucking out, feeding, haying, watering both horses then tacking up, walking whichever horse was competing over to the arena to meet sick daughter who was learning the course through a haze of menthol, and then I had to leg up sick child, keep an eye on the running order, then hold horse in the collecting ring while she rushed to the loo to be sick, all whilst balancing my v expensive camera over my shoulder. Then once I had failed to take a decent shot yet again (too nervous to focus on the task in hand) I then I had to lead my/her/our horse all the way back while she staggered back to the hotel and sick bed to steam her head over a bucket of more menthol.

Fortunately she was up to 80% full strength by the Sunday just in time for the aptly named Grand Prix final (the whole thing did indeed cost me the best part of a grand in price I reckon) and I even managed a few good shots. If you are patient I will try to dig one out. But only if you insist...

Jesstickle

Visit site
ducktoller I do insist yes :p it's your own fault for being funny, if you had been boring I wouldn't have asked

star- I haven't been on much so I probably missed yours or I would have commented. I really like your orange horse. I also get lost all the time. Yesterday I rode horribly ( I mean even worse than usual which is pretty bad) as I was using every single ounce of my concentration just to remember where I was going :rolleyes3:

miss_c, I will find it :)

wench

Visit site
Alas I dont have any photos apart from the pro ones, but haven't bought any yet.

It was a rather dull day. Went to stables. Made an attempt to brush horse, chalk white legs. Put on some dirty smart clothes and boots, tacked horse up. Ended up running late, quick five min walk round the warm up, whilst being scared by horses banging in lorries, then went to do my test.

Came out, put horse back to bed. Went home and put me to bed for four hours (I wasnt well!) went to pick dressage sheet up!

Jesstickle

Visit site
that is how my day was too. Only I went to yard, transferred loads of muck from horse to myself, drove an hour, rode two very bad tests, waited an age for second sheet and then drove all the way home again. Put horse to bed and went to bed myself.

I don't like dressage much, I'm going jumping next time. At least there is no plaiting for that :p

star

Visit site
I managed to get lost after fence 8 at arena eventing on Saturday and BSJA yesterday. My brain is clearly getting old. 4 dressage tests to remember this week is not likely to go well!

EveningStar

Visit site
I'm another who posted one a week ago but got about 2 replies so not sure if I can be bothered again. It even had pictures :p

It does seem a wee bit quiet here ATM has everyone gone into winter hibernation already?

j1ffy

Visit site
I'm also in the 'posted but got hardly any replies' group, though that may be a good thing given how mediocre our performance was!

Duck Toller - your snippet was fab, I want more too!

blood_magik

Visit site
posted a lesson report a week or so ago and got no replies, and the latest competition was a bit disastrous for all three horses so not really worth writing about given that they had twenty faults between them.
Only upside was that the old boy somehow managed to place as the fastest four faulter which was nice as it was his new sharer's first ever sj show.

Jesstickle

Visit site
20 faults between 3? If I get 20 faults with one I consider that a good rouncd :confused3: :p

I look at pretty much all the reports, but I don't often comment as I have nothing useful to say. All I can say is 'what a pretty pony' but if people would accept that as a comment I will write it from now on?

blood_magik

Visit site
20 faults between 3? If I get 20 faults with one I consider that a good rouncd :confused3: :p

so would I if I was riding :tongue3:
but when you compare that to how well they did at Blair (11 clears in 12 rounds at their first stay-away show) and how well they usually jump, it's disappointing.
But hey ho, that's horses for you.

nothing wrong with saying how nice a horse is or a general 'well done'. :smile3:

TheSylv007

www.ridewelland.co.uk
I wrote a report (with pictures and everything!) and got very few replies. Not sure if its just that I'm not one of the more interesting or advanced posters as I'm only doing prelim dressage and 75cm jumping at the moment. I miss seeing other people's reports and now make much more effort to comment, even if its just a 'well done'. I appreciate it when others do it for me!

dafthoss

Visit site
I only got one reply for my last report which had loads of stuff in it so I haven't bothered again. We aren't doing that much any way so not much to report now.

Old Bat

Visit site
There was a slightly cynical thread a while back bemoaning the reports from amateurs and proud mums which put me off the concept for a while, but I love reading others reports when I have the time.....at any level they can be inspirational, educational, enjoyable and admirable, so please don't give up folks!

tinap

Visit site
I was thinking of doing one this week, dunno if anyone would be interested but a handful helped me out when we were horse hunting & its been quite a while since I did an update x