Where best to advertise?

KatB

Visit site
I know H&H is probably the best place, but £145 for 2weeks seems a bit steep!! Has anyone else had good experiences with other sites at all? Or is H&H the way to go?
smile.gif

dixie

Visit site
When looking I always look at the obvious sights ie Horsequest, Horsemart and H&H plus local papers. I would have thought your best bet would be Horsequest as I always think of it as quality horses and you can add loads of photos and wording etc. However, having not sold a horse for a while I'm probably not the best to ask !!
grin.gif

Can I ask what you are thinking of as an asking price for him as my loan horse is going back to his owners soon and they will be selling him - he is a similar type to Goddy in that he is very capable in all phases, especially dressage but probably Pre-Novice/Discovery is his limit (mentally). A cracking all round horse though thats always in the ribbons unaffiliated etc.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
When sold one last year I think it was either horsequest or horsedeals that got the most responses. Had one advertised about a month ago on horsemart and horsedeals and it was horsemart that brought in the most responses.

SSM

Visit site
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I always look on Horsequest as it has show horses (really useful for you) and Horsemart as I can search by Cleveland Bay (again just what you want
wink.gif
) Buck was found for me on Horsemart.

Personally find Horse and Hound too restrictive in their searches ie can't search by breed!!!! or discipline

icestationzebra

Visit site
Members can put up a horse classified on BD for 2 weeks for £10.....

Agree with those who have suggested HorseQuest, but also think Horsemart would be worth a look. I think it is much improved since the re-vamp of the site.

ihatework

Visit site
I find horsemart good for the cheaper horses, not so good for Goddy priced ones.

Personally the main sites I would look on for a horse of his type would be Horsequest and H&H. I haven't sold many but the ones I have sold have always been through H&H, having been on horsequest and horsemart for a fortnight before splashing out on H&H.

Eira

Visit site
Horsequest , when looking for horses I far prefer .. its also has no detailed search facility so people are 'forced' to scroll past your ad ! Which is great for a horse like Goddy who is eyecatching
grin.gif

SSM

Visit site
Thanks!

They have done it again, lovely little show up near Leeds

Have inhand classes for CB's , fine happy that there is not a class for geldings as no one else has gelding classes, then there is a ridden class, again happy however the sash and turnout prize of £50 is only judged on the inhand classes so again geldings excluded from a chance to win - bitter? yes I am!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Depends where you are IMO. I had absolutely no interest at all from Horse Deals but thats probably because Im in NE Scotland which seems to put off a lot of people! I also know of people locally who've advertised in H&H to no avail.

Everyone here always seems to recommend Horse Quest but I just HATE the website!! It looks terrible! Gives me a headache just looking at it, hence why Ive never advertisied there!

wizoz

Visit site
You're really doing it then
frown.gif

When I was selling my old eventer I put him on horsequest and horseselect. I had umpteen calls from horsequest, they seem to be the best other than h&h. Horsequest will put your advert not only under eventing but other categories too.

Best of luck hun.xx

connie1288

Visit site
I always look on horseselect and horsequest. I think cheaper horses for Horsemart and horsedeals. tbh never look on h and h website for things for sale it is easier to go through magazine but i think it is quite expensive.