Where can I “complain” about updating passport

charterline

Visit site
Probably nowhere, but need a moan.

Horses’ passport didn’t come with Section IX, so had to send it off to a foreign PIO to get a whole new passport. £££

Passport comes back, without vaccinations in. Speak to PIO, and get told “we can’t copy them over but send it back and we can staple them in for you, or you could do it yourself.”

Speak with one of the Uk governing bodies. Stapled in/loose vaccinations are not acceptable. “Just get your vet to confirm them in the new passport.”

Well firstly if I could do that, it’s yet more money I’ve got to fork out for something I did to actually keep in line with the law.

Secondly, I haven’t had the horse for years on end, and previous three “starter” injections were all done by previous owners vet.

So now I have to fork out yet more money for a whole load of new injections the horse doesn’t need.

I feel the need to moan about this!

Nudibranch

Visit site
Is it possible to contact the previous owner's vet and ask for them to sign them off again? I can understand why the PIO can't copy them in to be fair.

Boulty

Visit site
Contact previous owner. Obtain permission for their vet to disclose his vaccination record. Explain the situation to them & they should be fine to fill this in (it’s literally signatures & batch no’s). Get your vet to do the same with any they’ve done. They may not charge you & if they do would think it would be less than a whole new vaccine course. If you’ve still got the old passport then speak to your own vet first. May be that they can transfer the batch no’s & dates & sign on behalf of whoever originally gave the vaccine (unsure of rules). Either way there should be a way to sort it without a total restart I’d think

Visit site
How old is the horse and which PIO? If the horse is young enough (10yo or less) then its the PIO that screwed up making the passports and should have added in the right pages. You should not be charged for this. They should have just stripped the passport, added the pages in and rebound. No need for a whole new passport. This is what the Shetland Pony Society did free of charge and had a 2 week turnaround period.

Your PIO should not have taken your vacc pages out or they should have put them back into the new passport. You should not be paying for their screw ups.

charterline

Visit site
How old is the horse and which PIO? If the horse is young enough (10yo or less) then its the PIO that screwed up making the passports and should have added in the right pages. You should not be charged for this. They should have just stripped the passport, added the pages in and rebound. No need for a whole new passport. This is what the Shetland Pony Society did free of charge and had a 2 week turnaround period.

Your PIO should not have taken your vacc pages out or they should have put them back into the new passport. You should not be paying for their screw ups.

HORSE is over ten unfortunately

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
So if I had ‘official’ vaccination pages for mine they could be stapled in to look like they had been there forever as there’s only 2 staples holding the spine together so I wonder if that is what they meant? Rather that staple them in a corner or something.

But then I have photocopied pages stapled in a corner as the wpcs don’t think they live after 10 😂.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Is this an error in translation with a foreign passport office?

When they say 'staple them in for you', surely they can't mean that, because you can staple them in for yourself? Do they mean breaking open the security binding, putting in the pages, and then rebinding? And if so, is that acceptable to whoever you compete with?

rara007

Visit site
Have you spoken to the BEF? It’s not that unusual to have vaccine pages stapled in or vaccines over two bound together passports.

charterline

Visit site
Is this an error in translation with a foreign passport office?

When they say 'staple them in for you', surely they can't mean that, because you can staple them in for yourself? Do they mean breaking open the security binding, putting in the pages, and then rebinding? And if so, is that acceptable to whoever you compete with?

I’m sure not lost in translation. They mean stapling it to the blank vaccination pages in the new passport.

I have spoken to BEF. Can’t quite remember what they said, but basically yes that’s what happens. So either restart or get vet to confirm injections