where can i find a ex polo pony ?

crazyponys

Visit site
any idea where to locate a polo pony ?
poss a retired ex player, suitable for low level hacking
western style.
is there yards like they have for ex race horses ?
thankyou

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
theres lots of yards, depends where you are but generally the clubs will have older horses for sale that have been used as sort of learner types. often schools play at clubs which will often have some older horses or horses that need a slower life.
we bought 2 polo ponies in the summer for v. cheap prices as they would not pass the vet but perfectly useablle for lower key stuff- bearing in mind one of them won best playing polo pony at St. Maritz (sp?) and the other played high goal succesfully we got them at a VERY good price.
theres not yards like for ex-racers, but most clubs have horses for sale.
we got some lovely old horses for my dad to lead me and my brother off out hunting. sadly the 2 we had for this have both died now
frown.gif
frown.gif
but they were great and so lovely, we got them off.... argh cant remeber his name,but my dad has bought horses off him since he started playing polo more seriously.
what area are you in so i can suggest any clubs etc. ??
also look in the Polo Times and The Polo Magazine as they often have older horses in that are looking for a quiter life.
hope ive helped a little!
let me know which area you are in.....

kit279

Visit site
Yes, where are you? I can tell you a couple of places to look if you're anywhere near East Anglia. My chestnut is an ex-polo pony (in my sig)
smile.gif