where did my baby horse go?!

Allie5

Visit site
I see Tommy every day and still think of him as the gangly little yearling I got two years ago. Looking at this picture from today just made me realise I actually have a handsome strapping 3 year old! Scary!!

2012-04-29141321.jpg

fidleyspromise

Visit site
He is very handsome though :D

I thought the same with mine - as a 3 yr old, she was more like a yearling and still had her fluffy coat and baby tail and then within a year, she looked like a proper grown-up little mare :( Lovely, but sad.

Allie5

Visit site
I know! He's not a baby anymore but its exciting to see the changes in him. Totally took me by surprise though!

legyield

Visit site
Have you got a photo as a yearling? I love seeing the difference. I have a yearling (officially 2 in June) and love watching the progress :)

mturnbull

Visit site
Aw i love seeing them grow up! I currently have a filly just about to turn 11 months and ita awesome to see the changes even in just the last few months!
Your boy looks lovely and was your last pic taken at ingliston for sport horse classes? I was stood very similary last month at there grand slam.

Allie5

Visit site
It was indeed, we qualified for Blair at that show! Couldn't go though as we were on holiday. Aiming to make it this year though as we're doing the 3 yr old class at Kingsbarn on Friday

mturnbull

Visit site
Ah im going to king barns also. Doing the sport horse yearling, in hand riding club youngstock and chaps non native youngstock so might see you!

fruity

Visit site
Ah im going to king barns also. Doing the sport horse yearling, in hand riding club youngstock and chaps non native youngstock so might see you!

oooh someone who does chaps classes! could i be cheeky and ask you if they are allowed to wear coloured browbands in the sports horse classes or does it have to be plain bridles? also should you plait the tail as well as mane? Mines also doing non native coloured youngstock classes which i will be putting her posh browband on for! sorry for hijacking thread!

OP your boy is gorge and so grown up,proper boy now. My rising 3 yr old filly still def looks like a 2 yr old,still a lot of filling out to do. Hope you do well this season with him.

Allie5

Visit site
Im not sure about coloured classes but the sports horses I've seen always had plain bridles on. Last year we did young hack and had to whip his coloured browband off before the sports horse classes. Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! So excited for the future with my boy!

mturnbull

Visit site
oooh someone who does chaps classes! could i be cheeky and ask you if they are allowed to wear coloured browbands in the sports horse classes or does it have to be plain bridles? also should you plait the tail as well as mane? Mines also doing non native coloured youngstock classes which i will be putting her posh browband on for! sorry for hijacking thread!

OP your boy is gorge and so grown up,proper boy now. My rising 3 yr old filly still def looks like a 2 yr old,still a lot of filling out to do. Hope you do well this season with him.

This will be our first chaps class this weekend and only her second outing! I wore a plain filly slip (it has some nice stitching on it) in the sports horse classes but in that same class there were some with coloured fancier browbands.Also in the sports horse class all other yearlings were bitted and I wasnt, I personally dont agree with this! Yes although her tail at the moment looks like a foxes and is very 'fluffy'! Thats ok, I would possible change her browband in the future but at the moment her face is soo wee and delicate I actually think it would detract from her.