Where did you find you're horsebox?

debsflo

Visit site
I'm losing the will to live looking for my first box.
I only have a budget of £7000 but thought it would get me an old but ok little compact 7.5 ton but appears not.
Looking locally on horse sites ,all the Facebook pages ,horse sites ,ebay and horseback seller and central England horseboxes.
Had found one nearby that I loved but mechanic check found several issues so wondering if I'm missing a trick or whether it's generally hard to find.
Only carrying one big horse so a 2 stall lorry is Fine.

Jnhuk

Visit site
Just keep looking as can take some time but maybe worth asking mechanic what the several issues would cost to fix or if they are long term issue like rusting chassis?

superpony

Visit site
I found mine oh Horsequest. I had bought it within 24 hours of the ad going on and I paid a couple of thousand more than your budget. It's a fab box, it's a little older than I would have liked but it has been really well looked after.

I found that the good, well priced ones go very quickly. Generally, the ones which hang about are either over priced or have an issue of some sort. So you have to be prepared to move quickly!

Hipo

Visit site
It took me around 6 months of travelling the country looking at unsuitable lorries, but then found mine on eBay. I had previously seen pictures of it on the coachbuilders website and loved it. I was pretty excited when it came up on eBay, went with cash asap and brought her home.

Michen

Visit site
On here! Stroke of luck as I'd contacted a dealer who said they had the lorry coming in, said dealer never picked the lorry up and I saw a post on here from ESkywalker whose lorry now had no MOT as the dealer had let her down and I knew it was the one :)

Was so nice buying from someone on here, maybe a user will have one for you.

MissTyc

Visit site
I was looking for nearly 10 months; all suitable vehicles selling too quickly. Finally it was my turn to be First to respond to an ad (within less than an hour of posting!) ... In the end it was a Facebook ad. A terrible advert I think slowed down other interested parties. Bad pictures, minimal description. But it was only 45 mins from me and after driving around the country for viewings I figured it was worth a shot. Bought it 18 months ago, very happy. Incidentally, the one I was selling was 30 years old and not exactly cheap and it sold within 2 weeks at full asking price as well.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I bought mine from a dealer in Hampshire. It had been bought from them originally as a new conversion and then gone back to be resold several years later. A friend on the yard had bought one from them and they seemed very reliable.

I sold it at under £5000 last year I had two people look at it and the second buy. One was word of mouth and the second from an ad in the local tack shop. They negotiated a lower price for some work that needed doing.

I also advertised in Horsequest and had a lot of interest but it sold so quickly no one had a chance to look.