Where do the decent youngstock get advertised?

chrissie1

Visit site
If you had a stallion in mind then the stud would be a good starting point, I think Louella may have some they retained over the winter?

I had a varied response last year to my ad. for a Primitive Proposal x Monte Carlo filly, the most promising was from the USA believe it or not, but the shipping was a killer.

I also think some people get fed up with the buyers who keep texting you and say they will come, then never quite get round to it.....

JC1

Visit site
I'll watch this with interest. I have just advertised mine on Horsequest thinking it was the best place for them to be - but after reading the OP's response have had a look and indeed they are now buried in amongst the really mixed lot.

wonder

Visit site
A lot of people contact studs direct alot of our stock is sold without advertising as people email regarding maybe a specific foal. Although we do use some of the websites if need be.

millitiger

Visit site
What sort of foal are you looking for?

I went straight to the stud (different stud each time) for the last 3 I have bought as foals.

Depending on what you want the foal for or if you want specific lines, it is quite easy imo to track down a suitable stud not too far away.

madmare22

Visit site
What are you looking for ? If it's an eventer I have a really super youngster. Am not breeding eventers anymore concentrating on dressage now so he is my last eventing foal

Molly01

Visit site
I advertised on HorseQuest but only got two responses which came to nothing. As mentioned above his add seemed to slip down the list very quickly, a waste of money advertising.

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
I would like to see some of the studbooks own websites a little more seller friendly, as surely this should be one of the first places a potential buyer could look. For example the SHB and BWBS or BHHS should only have sporthorses being registered with them, so persunambly the quality of what their members are offering should be in line with what the OP is looking for.
And then from those studbook websites, you should be able to link to individual studs websites and see what they are offering.
in germany we have a super website called fohlenborse.de which is somewhere I often look at quality foals that are offered for dressage or show jumping. Shame they dont have a co.uk version!

A common way of looking to buy foals here is to attend one of the many foal assessment/shows that are held in the summer, again by the individual studbooks. I know I often see a broodmare or foal I would love to be in a position to buy when I go and watch and in the UK somewhere like the BEF Futurity ought to be ideal viewing day for any serious buyer.

madmare22

Visit site
Actually volatis that is a very good point re the futurity evaluations. I bought my best dressage horse via the futurity. I saw her on the car park. If only buyers could be encouraged to attend as most if my stock for sale attend and my contact details and the horses breeding can be quickly and easily found in the catalogue

ttt

Visit site
I have a 3yo Noble Sire filly and a 2yo filly from Ramiro lines, both for sale.
Both have superb breeding and bred to show jump.
Please PM if you would like further details.

mr fields

Visit site
i breed both dressage and showjumping foals and sometimes cross the dressage and jumping breeding and i have that they are selling best on horse deals. :)

berry

Visit site
My friend has a stunning buckskin rising 2 yr old gelding for sale. out of pinkpapered brandenburger. ladykiller bloodlines. Very special boy. Pm me if u want details x