where do u go 2 pick up cheap welsh youngstock ( sussex )

lisa_lou

Visit site
Looking to buy welsh young stock to show in hand and produce into childrens ponies then sell on as safe l/r f/r ponies. Not only to make some money but to also give the ponies a better start in life and a good loving future. Where is good to look to pick them up cheap in east Sussex, Kent etc. What sales are around?

hunteress

Visit site
Looking to buy welsh young stock to show in hand and produce into childrens ponies then sell on as safe l/r f/r ponies. Not only to make some money but to also give the ponies a better start in life and a good loving future. Where is good to look to pick them up cheap in east Sussex, Kent etc. What sales are around?

Can you travel (I know you said sussex) I know someone in Lincolnshire who breed fab welshies and are excellent prices she is only a small yard so the prices are good and the first ground rules are great.

WelshD

Visit site
Fayre Oaks is a way from you but youngsters from reasonable studs can sell cheap there so it's perhaps worth the diesel spent to pick up a couple - results from past auctions are on their website

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I bought two from Wales unseen a year ago. Neither have disappointed. Transport was 300 for both of them (a back load) so they were still cheap brought up to the heart of Scotland. Same plan as you had really, both are ultimately for my daughter.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
The sales, I got my lovely boy for a lot less than I’d have paid direct from stud. I went to Builth Wells in October from Lanark in Scotland so quite a distance but well worth the trip. I could have picked up another two for my budget had I a lorry.

This is him after his bath today.

111CCC6A-0AAC-43CE-8D4F-08D6CBDCFB27.jpeg

Youngstocktrain

New User
Visit site
The sales, I got my lovely boy for a lot less than I’d have paid direct from stud. I went to Builth Wells in October from Lanark in Scotland so quite a distance but well worth the trip. I could have picked up another two for my budget had I a lorry.

This is him after his bath today.

View attachment 31332
He's lovely!! My concern with sales is have they been backed if so, how well? health problems ect.. any tips you could share or how you overcame those barriers?

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
He's lovely!! My concern with sales is have they been backed if so, how well? health problems ect.. any tips you could share or how you overcame those barriers?

It tells you in the catalogue what they have done. I wanted an weanling but there were plenty being ridden round the ring and had been backed.

Defo advertise the Facebook pages.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I wouldn't buy an older or ridden horses at the sales but if you want youngstock and are happy with barely handled ones it's the place to go and real bargains are to be had.