Where does your dog sleep at night?

Skhosu

Visit site
We have three who sleep in the donstairs boot room, and one who sleeps in the barn, and loves his bed, he lies there all day if he's allowed

Starbucks

Visit site
Sometimes on my bed, sometimes on there bed next to our bed - depends how they feel!
smirk.gif

When we first got Star she wouldn't settle in the kitchen at all, so she had to come up to bed.
smirk.gif
Alfie has had a few peeing on the bed incidents but has been a good boy the last few days.....

prose

Visit site
In our bed
grin.gif

Only hops up with an invitation, but she is a brilliant space heater and is always more than welcome.

"Wot d' you want? It's not even noon yet..."

k46yl4.jpg

keeperscottage

Visit site
severnoceans - I'm a cat lover too!! However, Springer sleeps ON bed until cold, then dives UNDER duvet; Munsterlander puppy and young Golden Retriever sleep in daughter's bedroom. Love my cats SOOOO much!

Tia

Visit site
My dogs sleep wherever they like. Most of the time they sleep outside in their huge holes that they have dug, however in the depths of winter they tend to come into their dog-room with their duvets and beds.

One has taken to sleeping on the drive outside the front of our farmhouse for the moment - I think she is on high alert as it is almost hunting season and I think she can hear people in the woods putting their bait out for the deer.

RLD

Visit site
Mine sleep on my bed. They have a lovely big bed of their own but it is obviously not as good as mine!

danhappy

Visit site
Both sleep downstairs in the kitchen, for Amber it just gets far too hot upstairs and she paces all night panting, she prefers to sleep on the concrete by the back door! Comfy
confused.gif

Blackhawk

sublimedesigns.moonfruit.com
They have the run of the kitchen, a covered outdoor run and a large garden. They can sleep where they like. Usually when I go downstairs the two dogs and the cat are in their beds. I have found them all curled up together though.
smile.gif

snurse

Visit site
Terriers sleep in or on my bed - depends how hot they get. Old setter sleeps in her bed until I go to bed then moves to settee!

CAYLA

Visit site
As I have so many....there is sleeping dogs bodies everywhere at night
crazy.gif

Akita and Deerhound in their kennel as too hot inside and they pace and pant.
Whippets under a quilt...anywhere there is one
grin.gif

Rescue dogs...in doggi room(utility) and my rotti sleeps on the landing
shocked.gif

AND a certain Greyhound x Whippet with a broken leg....in my bedroom
crazy.gif
shocked.gif
so I can keep an eye on her chewing and licking at her wounds without having to have her hood on 24-7
grin.gif

whippet

Visit site
In the kitchen mostly
frown.gif
In bed with me when OH working away tho
grin.gif

If I had my way they'd always be in our bed, but being Whippets they absolutely insist on baking under the duvet which all gets a bit hot for my OH.

Sometimes I sleep downstairs on the sofa with them
blush.gif
grin.gif
. Is that weird?

Stoxx

Visit site
Mine sleeps in his bed outside my bedroom door, he used to sleep downstairs but settles a lot better now he knows where we are. OH has gone from not wanting him in the bedroom at all to now saying that we should put his bed in there!! Not having that though, he'll wake me up!!

beatrice

Visit site
My two sleep mostly in the kitchen in their big snuggly beds, however the old greyhound has started to refuse to go in the kitchen (tiled floor) so we noe leave the door between kitchen and office so suzie can sleep on her sofa (used to just be her day bed) and Bart now sleeps in suzies bed as it is bigger than his!

Tinkerbee

Visit site
England- In the utility room, White Dog in basket Evil Dog in cage

Ireland- Goodness knows...outside somewhere..occasionally seen coming out of the stables but havent a clue"!"

Suzibn

Visit site
Ahh, dear,
You must all forgive me for joining in this part of H &H...it's all one of ya'lls fault for saying they wanted to see my salukis which I keep going on about in other more horsy parts of the forum. Think they are giving me a hint to go bother someone else?
Well, I would love to tell you all about my "beasties", and post pictures (if I knew how) but after breeding and showing salukis for 30 years in the US you'd all get pretty bored. Mine are all rescues now. Two true salukis, and one well...we call him a registered "Scottish Goofhound". See I do home checks here for saluki rescue and it's a long story, but somehow the kennels were full and there was this...thing? they said was part saluki. He is that in temperament for sure. But the other half is Scottish Deerhound. Yep he's that big. But he looks like a greyhound on steroids and you could set a table for eight on his back...he likes his food far too much. And he SMILES honest! That I will eventually post a picture of because it is just too weird not to.
As to where they sleep...well. Um, everywhere???? Mostly on our bed and with us. We have a kingsized bed, but that doesn't help even a little. Yes, they do have proper huge beds at the foot of ours. Yes, they are forced to sleep there for about 30 seconds each night, and then whamp! they are on there and there is no shifting them.
So now you know not to ask me any advice about obedience or anything like that. I did once get a degree on a small cocker spaniel and one saluki. Other than that, I'm a hopeless sighthound lover and would have a bizzilion of them if I had enough hands to stroke them all! Luckily other half is just as obsessed, but does cuss a bit at them during long nights.
Love ya
Suzi

SSM

Visit site
Let's see - Bumble Dog starts by jumping onto hubbys pillows and settling there until he comes to bed - growls at him and moves to her faux fur blanket at the foot of the bed - about 3 am she will get up for a drink - I lift her back onto the bed, she then settles on the pile of duvet I pulled aside to lift her up and I have to settle down for the next hour with no covers. About 4am she then needs cuddle time and demands I cover both her and myself with the duvet for cuddles until the alarm goes off
tongue.gif
crazy.gif
smirk.gif

tw1nn1ejo

Visit site
She has a choice of sleeping on her bed in the kitchen or on her bed in the dining room but sometimes she finds her way upstairs and sleeps on my bed
grin.gif
But she prefers to sleep down stairs as she can here whats going on outside etc.

echodomino

Visit site
Millie and Jim in my bed, Mouse in my bro's bed, 2 sleep in the conservatory, 4 in the utility room and the 2 pups are still more than happy in their own building
laugh.gif