Where have all the good horses gone?!

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
A friend of mine is looking for a horse, she is fairly experienced but wants a genuine type to do riding club eventing and maybe higher if she enjoys it. It has to be easy and fun and she has a decent amount of money and would prefer an ISH but we have managed to open her mind to looking at other breeds now! Lol!
So far she has seen 4, one tried to buck her off, one was lame, one dished so badly it felt like it was pacing and one kicked her and then tried to buck her off! All of these were between £3500 and £7000
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

So where are the good 'uns?! For that money there must be something out there, it doesn't have to have badminton potential but nice natured, sound and capable of a decent dressage test and jump 3' easily. Do they exist? Must also be over 16.2hh as she is very tall.

Anyone know of any decent dealers she could try, preferably in the south east. PM me if anyone knows of anything. *sigh*

siennamum

Visit site
I do think it's very hard to find a nice old fashioned rc/hunter type these days, everytging is a future dressage star warmblood. Straight forward sane, safe ID/TB types are few and far between these days.
Having said hat there are a few in our local paper which look lovely and are really cheap, maybe she should look closer to home.

tigers_eye

Visit site
Hmm, I have one, the one on the right in my avatar, but I don't really want to sell him until the late spring. I know of a small dealer who sells this type, and would be at the lower end of the budget who is near the 3 counties show ground, but you probably wouldn't want to go that far. Let me know if you do though, will find her number for you.

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Thanks, where is the 3 counties show ground (sorry not up on southern show grounds lol!). She has travelled far and wide so far so would be willing to travel to a good dealer that had a few horses for her to try.

tigers_eye

Visit site
Malverrn, think it falls into Worcestershire but might be wrong. It's easy from Motorway/main roads, but would still be a bloody long way! The lady's name is Janet Ball, the ones I tried there were a bit raw, but perfectly capable.