Where is best to advertise a 17.1 ISH for sale?

Pidgeon

Visit site
Not mine, but a friends circumstances have changed and means she can no longer afford to keep her horse anymore. Which sites are the best for selling as she would prefer to sell to an individual than a dealer if she can? Thanks in advance

almostthere

Visit site
I think it depends on what he "does" or I guess what market she wants to sell him in to? When I was looking - I found the most user friendly site is Horsemart but I would say that is aimed more at the "riding club" market or general hackiing type horses whereas the more "competition horse" types (and therefore more pricey!) were on Horsequest and H&H with Horsedeals somewhere in the middle. Local Riding Clubs websites or Facebook pages seem to be used more and more but as I said it depends on what market she is aiming him at. The other thing she could do is look at the Wanted Ads section on those sites and see if he fits the bill for any of those - at least then she knows she has a real buyer waiting rather than a timewaster. Oh and tell her to get the word out in local communiity...would he make a good hunter? Loads of people looking for hunters right now with season about to start...

jester_ben

Visit site
Personally, I like Horsemart to look at, gives more options on photos, gives a little more information. Also, recently been looking at Preloved. Also good, and shows the person who's looking where the owners based.

Pidgeon

Visit site
Will pass the advice on, thanks guys :D
Horse is big and green and has a reasonable pop so would think it would hunt ok unless the atmosphere sent it loopy as don't know if its ever hunted before.

Pidgeon

Visit site
Sorry didn't mean to give you and Honey08 palpitations, Pidge is going nowhere he has a home for life :D
LOL would have to be a really big envelope :p:D