Where is the best place to advertise my saddle?

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I sold my GFS saddle on Ebay, got a reasonable price for it too. However I have known people who have struggled to sell there saddle on there. A really good advert is a must though.

S_N

Visit site
I haven't been able to shift either of my saddles on ebay!!!

I too would like to know more about where would be a good place to sell/swap!

_daisy_

Visit site
ive just sold a friends saddle on ebay and were having the worst problems with it. Buyer isnt happy and demanding full refund - be careful if you intend to sell it on ebay.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Well I put lots of pictures on and didn’t put a reserve on (which can be risky). I think you need a very detailed description (perhaps with a bit of wit). Also putting your mobile number so people can call and ask questions seemed to help.

Does that help?

_jetset_

Visit site
Yes thanks JoElla, that really helps! I will have a think about it and make a decision tomorrow some time. Just worries me putting it on Ebay in case it goes for pittance when in reality it is a lovely saddle.

_daisy_

Visit site
well im not going to sell anything for a friend again put it that way.
ive never had a problem selling on there before - personally i think the saddle doesnt fit the buyers horse so hes thinking of ways of getting his money back!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Yes I agree it is a risk, my saddle wasn’t a majorly expensive one so it wasn’t so bad. What about your local saddler, would he sell it on your behalf (they usually take a cut though)?

_jetset_

Visit site
How much would you recommend? It's an 18" Oakfield black leather GP Oakfield saddle, medium wide. It is 4 years old, but has only actually been used for just over 1 year and has been oiled and cleaned regularly and is in good condition. It was bought (and is insured) for £500.

Thanks,

Rebecca x

_jetset_

Visit site
Forgot to say, saddler does not take 2nd hand ones in
frown.gif

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I've sold a couple of saddles for someone and got good money for them, one a gallop saddle, the other an older no brand saddle.
But try as I might, I cannot shift my Barnsby pony saddle. I'm suprised as it's a showing one, and is lovely, and I had a very low reserve on it. And I just want the bleedin thing out of the way!!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Oh I don’t know I’m not really good at that kind of thing. I think I brought my GFS for about £500, used it for 3 years and sold it for over £300, which I thought wasn’t too bad.
Shame about your saddler. There must be other places to sell tack but can’t think where, I’m useless.

Toadeyes

www.hamletshouse.co.uk
You can advertise free on Hamlets House. See link in my signature, the sale and wanted section is on the forum. As its a Native Pony site, wide fit saddles are most popular!

You can advertise as long as its your own item (not an ad for someone else) and its not a business ad or ebay link.

Tufty

Visit site
advertise it on the horse exchange its free or horsemart is about £10 also try any other sites that come up with free advertising for about £300 you should do ok just ensure that the people collect and pay cash

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks Jella... will nip over and have a look there. Horse Mart looks to be quite expensive though, that is why I haven't put it on there before now.

horsegirl

Visit site
Put it on ebay but first have a look at similar items that are completed and see what was mentioned on the items that sold that was not on those that did not sell and "borrow" from the successfull listings. Good photos are a must and a low starting price, you will get a higher price for something that starts really low than you will if you start it at your reserve price. I think the low price gets people interested and then "it is only another couple of pounds" keeps people bidding! Put a reserve on it if you have to but it does put people off bidding.