Where Next (welfare) ??

Horseback Rider

Visit site
I recently went on Honeymoon to St Lucia and while there me and the husband went horse riding which was arranged through the hotel.

With out going into to much detail the condition of the horses was well not good. I did mention this to the owner but he got very shirty about it.

When I got back I emailed the St Lucia animal welfare society who replied saying that as they are a non profit organisation who receive no support from the goverment they cannot do anything and WHW said that they do not have any field officers in that area so cannot help ?

They both advised that I put a review on trip advisor which I have done, but apart from warning others off using this RS it doesn't really help the horses !

I am not really sure what to do next as I can't stop thinking about the poor horses!

Any ideas

Mardy Mare

Visit site
Apart from what others have suggested, maybe contact the travel agent you booked your holiday through.

I know they didn't organise the trip, but they may be able to advise other holiday makers on welcome meetings not to take horse riding excursions with that RS due to welfare concerns.

putasocinit

Visit site
it really is a catch 22 situation because if you do not support them for business then there may be no income at all to feed the animals and if they want to carry on using them they have to feed them a little bit, but if there is no business then they could be left to just rot. so very very sad and unless you actually live there how can you continue to monitor the situation, possibly just alert some vets in the area.