Where shall we go on holiday this year?

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
We go every summer with a few friends and our horses for a riding holiday in a new area. The past 2 years have been in Cumbria and I was fancying the Yorkshire Dales this time. We need a cottage to rent or B&B and grazing/stabling. I quite like the idea of riding the Settle loop of the Pennine Bridleway having already done the Mary Towneley loop.
Has anyone stayed anywhere suitable with their horses that they could recommend. We would rather have somewhere more basic than a really expensive place. Doesn't HAVE to be Yorkshire Dales but must be within 2 hours towing time from Lancashire.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I went to North Humberside Riding Centre Sept 2015 and loved it. My friends took their horses and I borrowed one. There's a converted barn to stay in (with a welcoming homemade cheesecake for us in the fridge) with breakfast served in the farmhouse. There were lots of different hacks to try.

neddy man

Visit site
Try www.thirleybankscottages.co.uk or their F/BK page. A lovely place, loads of bridleway routes printed out for you, plus 8 miles+ of moorlands, 3 forests within a mile, and even doing roadwork you probably only see 2 cars in2 hours (NO ratruns) filey beach riding 6pm till 8am so evening or early morning beach rides plus friersthorpe beach an hours drive away riding 24/7 and 8 miles longdalby forest the verges are 6mtrs wide so you can ride side by side on grass, scarborough and whitby are nearby plus goathland lots to see and do, good food places,etc.