Where should I register my foal?

lucyrostance

Visit site
I have a foal due at the end of June. My mare is an unregistered irish X and the stallion was TB. I want to show this foal and was wanting to get some advice on where to register it. Any suggestions?

emilytr1

Visit site
Do you have a covering certificate? if so you register the foal with the relevant society that issued the certifcate otherwise you could register the foal with the Sports Horse Society,

emilytr1

Visit site
you should be able to register as they have differant books, one of my mares is registered with them out the dam wasn't TB.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I would imagine the SHBGB would be the best place, particularly if you want to show what sounds like could be the sort for hunter classes as you have to register with them to enter affiliated classes anyway. Last year, it was £25 to register a foal. Weatherbys would charge something like £95 to register with the NTR; you'd probably have to register your mare with them too, another expense! Also, SHBGB is a member of the world studbook association (can't remember the proper name!) which Weatherbys isn't.
If you can supply a recognised covering certificate, plus the breeding of your mare, they will enter with verified breeding. if not, the foal will go down as unknown breeding.
Who's your mare registered with and do you know her full breeding, that should help you make up your mind which is best.

If this has already been mentioned, sorry, started it ages ago!
frown.gif