Where to advertise?

loz9

Visit site
My boss has asked me to help him find a home for his mare as a broodmare & I'm not sure where to start! Please can anyone advise as to where their 'go to' selling sites are.

If it makes any difference on where we should advertise, she's an ISH by Womanizer. She is looking for a broodmare home, due to a field injury meaning she can no longer sustain the level of work, but is still sound.

Thank you!

Last edited:

sport horse

Visit site
Has the mare any performance records? Most serious breeders are very selective these days and want full pedigree, performance details etc etc. There is always the option of letting her go to an embryo transfer centre as a recipient mare ie, she will carry another mares foal. Several centres are currently advertising for mares. Whatever you decide you do need to get on and do it - the breedingseason is well under way and it is not too long and once it has passed you have little chance of rehoming the mare until next spring.

Try Facebook - British Breeders Group as a start to both advertise her for breeding and/or embryo transfer recipient.

loz9

Visit site
Thank you for the reply.
She successfully competed BE100 last year, but I'm not aware of any other 'achievements'. It was hoped that she would be able to come back to full work, hence ending up a little late with finding a broodmare home. Luckily if it did come to it, she would just stick around until next spring, but obviously the aim is to get her into a new home asap.

Embryo transfer is being considered & a couple of places have been contacted. I'm doing some more searching this week.