Where to buy carrots around York?

SMIS

Visit site
Hi all,

Currently I buy carrots from Thomsons in Murton or R & R near Selby - they are a bit of a drive away and my horse is becoming increasingly obsessed with carrots! so I am trying to find other places I can buy carrots from, hopefully closer to York and or Escrick.

Does anyone know of anywhere else that sells big bags of horse carrots?

Thanks!

wildcard

Visit site
Hi im not sure if you know York much but you can also get the from BATA on the stamford bridge road. Mine LOVE carrots so im forever buying them. :) Hope this helps

LaurenDobson

Visit site
Theres a farm at the bottom of Whitwell on the hill on the A64, he usually has carrots out on the side of the road going east.

SMIS

Visit site
I drive past Crockey Hill a lot but have never heard of Roger Hobson, probably because this is my first horse and first winter! Do you know what the set up is? I visited their website but it did not say anything about selling carrots to horsey people.

TheCurlyPony

Visit site
If you go through the traffic lights at crockey hill heading to Escrick take your first right , think its called Howden Lane, the farm is first on the left. It's not the posh house with the lake! Lol it's the farm next door .