Where to find a loan horse?

Micropony

Visit site
Wanted ad setting out what you're looking for and what you have to offer?

Before I bought my chap I was toying with the idea of looking for a sort of schoolmaster on loan, and had mentally drafted the ad including the offer of references, having it professionally schooled once a week etc. I was hoping for someone's established ele/medium dressage horse for a year or so while they had a baby or something. Never went through with it in the end so it might have been a complete failure!

Shay

Visit site
Right horses is the other possibility. But there have been so many horror stories about horses who have gone to loan homes only to be sold on without the owner's permission or treated badly and returned unrideable or broken. Why do you want to loan rather than buy?

Charlie007

Visit site
Right horses is the other possibility. But there have been so many horror stories about horses who have gone to loan homes only to be sold on without the owner's permission or treated badly and returned unrideable or broken. Why do you want to loan rather than buy?

Essentially lack of funds, to buy, not to keep. I have just had to retire my 8yo due to injury, i also have an older retired horse. I don't really want to loan but at the moment it seems a good option.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Local FB sites , that's where I advertised my boy, he went quickly, so if you see one act on it straight away. When he came back I didn't even get to advertise him, he went word of mouth. I'd put an ad up saying what you want.