Where to find a rider?

kp31

Visit site
I have a lovely show jumper. Unfortunately due to a big health issue i can't ride, i want her to stay on my present yard, minimal yard duties, but am looking for someone who can ride her for me. They get to ride a top class horse, able to compete at BS shows, she would be an ideal YR or rider off ponies prospect, all tack provided, help if needed, a lovely yard with a walker, school. Where do i start to look? Initially it would be for 6 months and then go from there. Clearly not a novice ride. I am looking for something that isn't there or would i be best to sell?

acrossthevalley

Visit site
You could try the asking at your riding clubs, advertise in feedmerchants and in their literature, also saddlers, livery yards all in your surrounding areas.

These riders are out there, you just need to find the right one for you and your horse, so I suggest you discuss criterea's with local riding clubs first as this will be a good 'word of mouth' advertising whilst a written advert is being spread about.

dafthoss

Visit site
I think you may have to find a rider with the ability and right attitude but not the expiereance but then you can turn them in to the rider you would like for your mare. As those with expiereance are looking to be paid generally. I would head along to some pc and rc things and possibly just some nice unaff venues arround your way and see if theres any one you like the look of and take it from there.