Where to find larger horse?

indie999

Visit site
As title says. To carry 14 approx stones tall, etc really hard to find. Any ideas please pm me.

For hacking mainly. Lots of mw 16+ hands around but nothing substantial. I have scoured adverts etc Rang peoples adverts to get no replies, not even a text to say SOLD! Nothing!!

canteron

Visit site
Check out a full Irish Draft - tend to have just a bit more bone but still atheletic. If you search on here you will get many posts/pictures/comments by owners and fans.

I have a 16hh Irish Draft girl who is quite comfortable with 14 stone.

Oh, also look at the Irish Draft Horse Society website, they have some good information on breeders, horses for sale, etc as well.

Goldenstar

Visit site
An Irish Draught would be perfect I love them I also have a great Clydesdale/ welsh sectionD would Be perfect for hacking for a heavier rider .
Irish draughts are IMO the prince and princesses of the wieght carriers.

lady_annabelle

Visit site
There is a15hh cob who's rider is around 16stone I would say and 5ft10 but he has absolutely no problem and she looks very good on him he is built like a tank though think needs shire shoes and they are worn out easily in 5weeks could be worth looking he's also safe but push button ride

cobmum

Visit site
Personally i would go for a draft type such as percheron, comtois both are easy to get hands on Ardenne or dutch draft slightly harder.

katherine1975

Visit site
We are currently looking for a horse for my 14stone husband. I don't think you need a huge horse to carry this weight. Some tb's have a good amount of bone.

mandwhy

Visit site
14stone isn't that heavy! Loads of horses would imo be ok to carry that quite comfortably.

Agreed. I'm 14st and I ride a 15.1hh ISH, wouldn't say particularly big boned and she does it easily! Don't jump much but mainly due to her age. If I was looking to buy I would prob look for 16hh+ medium weight (not keen on TBs anyway but one could come along) although I have seen some LOVELY cleveland bays :)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Personally i would go for a draft type such as percheron, comtois both are easy to get hands on Ardenne or dutch draft slightly harder.

I have a Westphalian Draft horse (kaltblut passport) who would be perfect for your needs -sorry she's not for sale.
However I saw a Westphalian x cob on Horsemart(?) the other day, who is suitable for hacking only, who appeared to be a kaltblut cross. Her conformation wasn't very good, or not from the photos but might be worth investigating. She was not being sold as a warmblood and I couold really see that she has similar characteristics to mine.