Where to go for a polo lesson in W Sussex

Finnegan1

New User
Visit site
My 14 year old daughter wants a polo lesson for herself and her best friend and just wondered where was the best place to go? She is an experienced rider and so I don't really want to waste money on a lesson for beginner riders, although it will be her first time at polo. Thanks for any suggestions.

BBH

Visit site
I had a few lessons at Ascot Park years ago and they were good. A lot of the early lessons were stick n balling and it was great fun. The teacher was called Tarquin of all names if I remember.

golddustsara

Visit site
Not W.Sussex but you could try Maywood Polo nr Winchester. I come from W.Sussex originally but could never find any polo lessons on the Western side of the county.

DollyDolls

Visit site
Ote Hall Farm between Burgess Hill & Wivelsfield are advertising on the road side for polo lessons. Perhaps someone here knows the number.

speedbird

Visit site
Ring Gary Jones at Burningfold Polo Club, its right on the sussex/surrey border nr Dunsfold. Hes a really good calm instructor. They have nice horses and its a small and friendly club.

elcasal

New User
www.sussexpolo.co.uk
For sure the best place for polo lessons and for low goal polo in my experience is Sussex Polo. I have tried a few places and Sussex polo have the whole set up. They are geared to teaching beginners and then offering chukkas and matches at the right level. No point having lessons at a club that does not cater for beginners. www.sussexpolo.co.uk they also have an arena so can teach in the winter. Good Luck! its such a great sport!