Where to look for a yard to rent in Surrey (other than a haystack?!)

pearcider

Visit site
Also in SY

Hi

Im sure this has been posted before but...

Can anyone suggest places to look for a yard in Surrey to rent

Currently I keep tabs on Pelham's, H&H, and Churchill's and google daily. Was unsure if there are any other agents to look at?

Im looking for 10-20(ish) boxes ideally with accommodation around J10/11 M25

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

:)

smac

Visit site
Your a bit late, 4 yards off J11 have just changed hands on the 1st December... They dont come up v.often

TarrSteps

Visit site
I would be interested in the same topic, actually, although would add in boxes on an existing yard, shared accommodation etc. . .

OP, I'm assuming you're regularly checking "non digital" options like Roker's and Chobham Rider?

pearcider

Visit site
I've only just decided that I really have out grown existing yard and currently owners are happy to move with me. So the plan is to go to all local horse shops over the weekend.
I'm open to options like you Tara steps (I'm sure we must know each other?!) would even consider a yard that has yard owners horses wanting to be included in the livery.

cheryl138

Visit site
There is a yard that has just become available from Sutton council. 12 acres ish, I think 6 stables and four pony boxes, hacking straight off the yard. Only a very small school and quite run down but could be absolutely lovely. In carshalton. Not sure if it would suit but thought I'd post!

pearcider

Visit site
There is a yard that has just become available from Sutton council. 12 acres ish, I think 6 stables and four pony boxes, hacking straight off the yard. Only a very small school and quite run down but could be absolutely lovely. In carshalton. Not sure if it would suit but thought I'd post!

Hi thank you for the post...Ideally need 10 plus horse boxes...although if I leave mine out in the rain they do shout that they will shrink :)

natalia

Visit site
I found mine by trawling through the area and asking everyone I could. Finding the right place did take two years though! And it's horrendously expensive! However I'm junc 9 of m25 and the yard is lovely.

suzi

Visit site
I am also looking - Godalming / Haslemere area anything from 6 boxes up.

There was one is H&H last week but it had accomodation with it so out of my price range at the moment and no way I'd convince the OH to sell the house so I could rent a yard!

pearcider

Visit site
how big an area are you looking as I know a yard near j5 m25 that is coming vacant !

Im currently looking around J10/11 M25 (Areas to inc Cobham, Bookham, Chertsey, Ripley,Ockham,Chobham, Weybridge,etc)

I have an existing client base in this area and a little yard with a few owners who would like to stay with me (and Id like to keep with me! :))...And a non horsey BF that is happy to move on to a yard if I keep with in the area!

Thank you all for your help so far :)

sharky

Visit site
contact the local hunts (Surrey Union, Crawley and Horsham and Chid and Lec)
I'm on their mailing lists and sometimes ones come up on there.