wheres best to advertise for full loan? And any success stories?

pegasus1986

Visit site
Do any of you guys no wheres best to advertise a horse for full loan (what websites etc). Anyone actually have success stories all i ever seem to read is loans going wrong? Thanks :)

Lolo

Visit site
We used the FreeAds, word of mouth and Horsemart and HorseQuest on the hunt for our loan horses.

Success stories?

2112_1077365021452_6375_n.jpg

Cheeky, who I loaned for 5 years until he hit 27 and was PTS. In that time, we took on all his vet bills, kept his owner updated on everything that happened, she came to cheer us on and commiserated with me when he was at his least charming. And we did the right thing by him, always. He died a loved old man, looking like a much younger healthy horse.

Then Reg, who Al has had on loan to her for nearly 4 years now...

992929_10201592595603822_411720243_n.jpg

1014356_10201398382348612_1880401676_n.jpg

(Reg is a success story in a lot more ways than just a successful loan, and is now kept at his owners because of this- Al owes him a lot, and he's a very special horse)

ghostie

Visit site
My thoroughbred is about to go out on loan. We found the family by word of mouth as my instructor knew them from Pony Club. Fingers crossed it goes well but I'm feeling positive as they're one of those horsey families everyone knows and respects. I'm not sure I'd have advertised him unless it was to stay at current yard as you never know who'll respond

asmp

Visit site
As you are Isle of Wight, I would have thought nfed.co.uk would be your best bet.

LiffWee93

Visit site
i advertised via word of mouth to put my 1 in a million out on loan, i was uncomfortable him going to just *anyone* - luckily an ex co-worker of my mum came to us saying that her step-daughter was looking for the next size up - tried him, and she initially didnt like him, but her parents loved him- so they took him on a months trial! he hasnt come back, and everyone rides him, parents, younger siblings/ friends etc, he did a full seasons hunting, is in the pc teams and has just headed off to camp! he is cared for beautifully and he looks fab and they are all having fun- everything i could have ever wanted! maybe its worth advertising on the local pc websites?
i also got my new boy on loan via word of mouth- i used to ride him a bit when he was 4 and did a bit of polework and schooling and fell in love, so when the opportunity arose i jumped on it! it was a rocky start, but we are just now getting the hang of each other, and i take the best care i can of him, and he is turning out to be rather smashing and good fun, the owner, me and the pony are all happy with our situation - but again, we "knew" each other before the loan came about, which made it a bit easier xx

Last edited: