Which Bit?

MeGandToBee

Visit site
Hey!
I ride my pony in a full cheek snaffle with a flash. He leans on the bit quite a lot...do you think i should change his bit or is there something i could do to help stop this?
Thanks
laugh.gif

lalalalala

Visit site
Beware using a Waterford though, they can be very harsh if you aren't very careful with your hands
smile.gif

Maybe try a roller bit? If it's part copper it can help encourage them to salivate.

Tia

Visit site
What mouthpiece does your full cheek snaffle have? It isn't so much the rings on the bit that makes the biggest difference, it is the mouthpiece which does.

If your snaffle has a nutcracker mouthpiece for example, then you may find that by changing it to a french-link mouthpiece, that you will see an immediate difference.

If your snaffle is a french-link already then perhaps a waterford would work nicely. Waterfords are fantastic bits, to be used with gentle hands though.

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
Try something with an additional link or a lozenge as this reduces the pressure on the bars, in theory this should prevent him from leaning or being one sided. Also try being very concious of allowing when he leans (if he has nothing to lean against you won't have a battle).