Which brand of turnout rug?!....

ElvisandTilly

Visit site
Which ever make of rug I get for my horse it always slips slightly to one side over his bum. This means that one side of his tummy has short side of rug and shows some of his tummy and the other is nice and deep.

The only rug that had depth and really wrapped around him were the premier equine rugs but I find these so heavy, even before wet, and much prefer the horseware rugs.

Which of the horseware rugs are deep around the sides so they wrap nicely underneath? I currently have the horseware duo and this isn’t deep enough. If I go a size bigger it’s too big around his neck?

Looking for other options and would like heavy weight as he will be hunter clipped and possibly out full time if weather not too bad?

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I also have the Duo and while it fits my mare well I can see how it wouldn't be deep enough for a chunkier type. I do have a Shires Stormcheeta (older model that's very adjustable at the front) and it's definitely cut deeper, but still great quality. In fact the mare has 6ft3 in the Duo and 6ft in the StormCheeta due to the difference in cut.

ETA- it's an older one similar to this. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shires-S...40e6729e9:m:mcwDxW1_zbIN_Pd0HBMs2uQ:rk:4:pf:0

Leo Walker

Visit site
Rambo Optimo. They are huge. I've gone down a size for my mare. I find they dont tend to move because of the cut either. This is a terrible photo of my very muddy pony, but you can see how it wraps round them. They are very expensive new but do come up second hand. I am really, really happy with mine and would recommend them to anyone.

45137741_10156084478478667_5214457323774279680_n.jpg

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Rambo Optimo. They are huge. I've gone down a size for my mare. I find they dont tend to move because of the cut either. This is a terrible photo of my very muddy pony, but you can see how it wraps round them. They are very expensive new but do come up second hand. I am really, really happy with mine and would recommend them to anyone.

45137741_10156084478478667_5214457323774279680_n.jpg
There is a reason why they are very expensive lol!

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
I have a chunky 16hh Welsh cob and I have a Rambo Wug medium-weight - it's the one with the half-neck. I find this is cut much deeper than the Amigos which I also have. On a side note, I have read a few times that people find the Wugs not great for wider horses but I find it fits him really well. Again, new they are pretty dear but for good reason. I bought mine second hand about five years ago and it's still going strong.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Thank you all! It looks a great depth does the optimo! Perfect! Do they come with liners and neck covers? ..... trots off to have a look!......

They come with a no fill neck cover and a 400gm liner which is definitely a HW but still really light. You see the 400gm liners advertised all the time as lots of people dont need HWs. You can get from a 100gm upwards, and extra different weight neck covers as well.

My little bulldog chested pony can move properly in a rug for the first time! I should really get a job working for Rambo as I've been raving about them since I got mine :p

ElvisandTilly

Visit site
They come with a no fill neck cover and a 400gm liner which is definitely a HW but still really light. You see the 400gm liners advertised all the time as lots of people dont need HWs. You can get from a 100gm upwards, and extra different weight neck covers as well.

My little bulldog chested pony can move properly in a rug for the first time! I should really get a job working for Rambo as I've been raving about them since I got mine :p
I have so many liners from the premier equine and the Rambo duo! I don’t think these fit with the optimo due to the shoulder gusset. Certainly a contender is the optimo!

only_me

Visit site
Rhino were like a mini skirt on my ISH who takes a medium in saddle lol. Rambo are meant to be deeper but unfortunately my pockets aren't that deep!