>>> WHICH BRIDLE BRAND <<<

Frazer

Visit site
I am going to buy a new bridle for my mare, she has just got a plain kinacide one at the moment for basic schooling. I want a bridle which is ok for home use and for competion, but without being very expensive like over £150. Does anyone know what brand to buy ... derby house, treadstone, requiste, JW, Rhinegold, Jeffries. ANY HELP?? OR WHAT DID YOU BUY?? THANKS

RachelB

Visit site
I've always liked the look of the Treadstone ones. There's a £60/70 Lemetex one in Derby House, looks fairly good, I think I've used a Lemetex before and it was quite nice. I had an Olympian (?) one for best for my pony, it was a fairly good bridle but was only £50, not bad. I'd like a Treadstone or Lemetex one personally, or one of those (Rhinegold?) German padded ones in the Derby House catalogue.

SSM

Visit site
Stubben, shop around at shows and you can normally get a good deal. The havanna colour, once worn in is a lovely rich colour (see my pic below)

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Do you not have a proper saddler down your way who could make you one so it's not a 'mass produced'?
By proper saddler, I mean one who specializes in nothing else not like the agricultural stores or firms that just buy in, or even one who repairs on a regular basis; it wouldn't be much different in price and individual too.
If you have to go the ready made way, I like Jefferies or Sabre but I do not like Stubben stuff at all!

Accy

Visit site
I have a john whittaker for showing and sometimes home use, its lovely well made and not over the top on price

juliehannah58

Visit site
Without a doubt Treadstone.

I have owned many bridles over the years and my latest one is a Treadstone and I'm very impressed with it. The one I have has suede padding on headpiece and noseband is a lovely chocolate colour. The leather is top quality and very soft and supple.

Even better, I got mine of Ebay for £27 brand new!!!! BARGAIN
smile.gif

katiejaye

Visit site
I have a stubben bridle for jumping but just bought a fantastic Heritage bridle on e-bay for £45 new. It is a comfort bridle and the leather is fantastic and my boy loves it...highly recommended.

katelarge

Visit site
I like my Stubben bridle but didn't have to buy it! Have also got the Rhinegold elevator bridle, much cheaper and very good too.