Which classes?

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
Hi all!

I've found a lovely local show 20 mins away where I can take my 2yr old gelding for his first experience out (showing isnt my forte!) but I'm torn on which 2 classes to enter. There's 2 in one ring & 2 in another I think he could enter, so I have to choose one ring or the other as all start 9am so can't switch rings. What would you suggest? Type wise he's a buckskin warmblood.

RING 1
1.YOUNG STOCK Yearling, Two, and Three-Year Olds. Any breed/type.
2.COLOURED Palomino, Roan, Spotted, Dun, Buckskin - Any age, breed/type.

RING 2
1. BEST TURNED OUT
Ridden or in-hand.
2. BEST NEWCOMER COMBINATION IN HAND
Must not have been shown before 1st January 2018.

catkin

Visit site
Do you know the layout of the show? Is one of the rings likely to be very much quieter or suit your fellow better than the other?
The ring 1 classes sound rather more his 'type' than ring 2, and a youngstock judge will be used to baby antics and likely to be sympathetic toward them.

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
Ring 2 Best turned out is a lot of faff and polishing!

Yes good point! Especially as it'll be my first time doing in hand & his first outing so I can't see us being a total picture of perfection lol!

same!

also combined ridden/in hand never quite flows.

I hadn't even thought about that, will steer clear then.

Do you know the layout of the show? Is one of the rings likely to be very much quieter or suit your fellow better than the other?
The ring 1 classes sound rather more his 'type' than ring 2, and a youngstock judge will be used to baby antics and likely to be sympathetic toward them.

I've never been there before so no idea. I've had a look at the photos from last year's one & the whole show seems quite laid back etc so fingers crossed it is. I hadn't even thought about that with the youngstock class, that would definitely suit us more in that case then lol.

ring 1 would suit him better as youngstock class is first and will give you more of a chance if he does play up, which he wont..:)

I hope so lol!!!!

Thank you all! Very good point I hadn't thought about - Ring 1 it is!!