Which clippers?

gnubee

Visit site
One of my mares has some rain scald which doesn’t seem to be clearing up fast enough on its own. My plan is therefore to clip the affected area (most of her back) for easier treatment with hibiscrub etc.
I therefore need to buy some clippers which:
- are as cheap as possible- my herd live out so I don’t see much value in a heavy duty set as there is ideally not much clipping in our future;
- are strong enough to get through winter coat on a relatively large area (warm blood coat rather than native but it’s still not going to be easy and I don’t want to cause more pain by using too low strength clippers that will pull);
- ideally are on the quieter/ low vibration side - she’s spooky as anything and never been clipped before so this would be a benefit but it’s probably going to be a multi day training battle anyway so this is probably the least important requirement.

It doesn’t need to be a particularly pretty finish as she won’t be going out in public any time soon.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Just a suggestion but I wouldn't keep washing with hibiscrub it's really harsh on the skin, one of my horses is actually allergic to it so I never use the stuff, one of mine had rainscald years ago and a vet told me to use Daktarin athletes foot spray on the area every few days, it cleared up really quickly without any washing or scrubbing the area.