Which girth ???

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
Hello everyone.

OK, here goes, please bear with me..... my mare was a bit round so my saddler suggested non-elasticated girth to stop saddle slipping, which worked fine.

However, when I bought my new saddle she disliked being girthed up. Back man looked at her back and said it was her girth and not her saddle. He said as saddle now fitted was perfect, to change girth back to elasticated as there was 'no give' in non-elastictated girth (and to put on a girth sleeve to stop her sensitiveness), which I duly did. All was well.

Now, my instructor said that my saddle is slightly slipping to one side when she watches from behind (pommel seems to stay in line) and she said she dislikes girths which are elasticated at one end only as this is creating uneven pressure on each side of saddle, which I can understand.....

She recommends a lampwick girth, and also mentioned a new girth which has elastic in the centre. Does anybody know who makes a girth with an elasticated centre ?? Have googled but no luck. Lampwicks seem pretty hard to find too.
She thought it was a synthetic company like Thorowgood or Wintec who make them.

Alternatively should I get a girth with elastic at both ends ??? At least pressure would be equal.

Oh goodness, well done if you're reached the end. Have a chocolate digestive
blush.gif

3Beasties

Visit site
I have this one on both my Section A and TB, They are so good! You can just sling them into the washing machine and are vertually dry as soon as you take them out.

http://www.horseloverz.co.uk/Aerborn-Waffle-Atherstone-Girth-pr-349252.html

I quite Like the look of the humane vertion as well but I haven't tried them (Yet!)

http://www.horseloverz.co.uk/Aerborn-Waffle-Atherstone-Humane-Girth-pr-349482.html

This is the Wintec one that Shanti Mentioned

http://www.horseloverz.co.uk/Wintec-Elastic-Girth-with-Cair-pr-318432.html

But
shocked.gif
at the price tag!

happyhaffie

Visit site
2nd the aerborn waffle atherstone girth, i wouldnt use anything else and havent for a long time ive never had a problem with the saddle slipping in one of these
wink.gif

ajf

Visit site
I 3rd the aerborn ones. Thats all we have for ours (personally don't like "humane" ones and will never ride in them)

Chumsmum

Visit site
The 'normal' Wintec girth (i.e without cair) is elasticated in the middle and a sensible price. Not sure about how it is with slipping saddles but great for sensitive girth areas. I've been using one for a few weeks now and it is very good.

I can also recommend the Stubben String Girths but these have no elastic at all.