Which grass nuts?

Ellietotz

Visit site
I am currently using Thunderbrooks Hay Cobs for the the diversity of grasses in them but I want to change to a different supplier now after seeing a sickening post about the person who runs the company.

I'm not sure what my feed store usually stocks but any recommendations are appreciated!

Thank you.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
agrobs weisencobs will be the closest- fwiw our local isn't listed as a supplier but can get it easily/usually keeps a few in stock.
meadow magic
st hippolyt do cobs too but I've never actually seen them anywhere

Visit site
St Hyppolyt are a big brand over here OP, from a quick google, there’s two suppliers showing in the UK you can order them from. Just be aware that the St Hippolyt hay cobs can only be fed wet (not sure if you are feeding dry, as TBs haycobs can be fed dry.

I would also say Agrobs would have the closest product to TB haycobs.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Dengie I think are highest calories but also sugars. They have brilliant bags that keep them fresh forever and they are so strong that my OH never needs to buy rubble sacks, which actually saves quite a bit.

Northern crop driers are in a paper bag which I found didn't store well, but they also soak a lot faster.

Those are the only two I've used.

Visit site
OP, just to say hay cobs and grass nuts are two different products.

If you’re looking for a replacement for TBs haycobs then Agrobs etc as suggestions above.

Grass nuts (just in case you aren’t aware) are small dark green pellets that have to be soaked.

Ive used the Northern crop growers grass nuts and they’re really nice.

Casey76

Visit site
My preference would be Agrobs over anything else. I found the St Hippolyt hay cobs to be quite hard, and needed a lot of soaking.

I don’t know if you can get Marstall feed here, but they have a weisencob which is very similar to Agrobs

Ellietotz

Visit site
Thanks everyone!

All would be fed soaked, I just needed something with similar diversity of grasses.

The Meadow Magic ones sound great.

My local feed store stocks Graze On ones but I'm not sure what type of grass it is in those.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
OP, just to say hay cobs and grass nuts are two different products.

If you’re looking for a replacement for TBs haycobs then Agrobs etc as suggestions above.

Grass nuts (just in case you aren’t aware) are small dark green pellets that have to be soaked.

Ive used the Northern crop growers grass nuts and they’re really nice.
This was what I was going to say, just not as well!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Agrobs Wiesencobs are the closest that I have found, on the rare occasions when there havs been a supply problem, we have used Emerald Green grassnuts, which we can get easily. I like Emerald green grass chaff, too. Our supplier won't stock TB as they are so awkward to deal with.

windand rain

Visit site
I won't feed either TB or agrobs as feed locally grown I tried agrobs for a sick old man it certainly didn't help him in fact he went rapidly down hill. H rallied for a while once back on Emerald green but never fully recovered. PTS last Spring with the sun on his back. I am not blaming agrobs but it wasn't the wonderfood I was lead to believe so stick with easy and local. Emerald green are produced in the next village to me I can see the fields etc as I drive about.
Basically if it ain't broke no need to fix it. The ponies look fab on Emerald green and the odd cup of linseed so I am happy they are happy

Last edited: