Which Horse Rescue / Charity to donate items to

suey12

Visit site
Earlier this year I lost my best friend,he was well over 17hh and was truly special, and I know only too well how much harder and more expensive everything is looking after these gentle giants, anyway I have a few items left over ie Bute, Ventupulmin, Unopened double strength super Solvitax. So the question is who would benefit most from these items (possibly the odd 7' rug as well) Ideally I would like them to go and help another big horse (call it selfish but its hard enough to let anything go, but realise I need to do this whilst it is all still in date) Does anyone have any suggestions, the items are currently in Cambs

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Not sure about the drugs - but I'm sure that someone like the ILPH or the Blue Cross would be very grateful for rugs especially.

Unless there is a smaller charity nearer home??

suey12

Visit site
Thought drugs would be ok as not offered to an individual, and have no idea of local places thats why I thought I should ask, as the bigger places get all the publicity and thought I would try and benefit a smaller place

suestowford

Visit site
If you have unopened medicines you should be able to return them to your vet for a refund - then you could donate the money to whoever you want.

Sorry, I am useless at geography and don't have a map handy - are you anywhere near Norfolk? Because Redwings have a lot of horses there, bound to be some whoppers amongst them, maybe they would like your things?

suey12

Visit site
To be honest I have settled my account with them and it is too painful to go back, just thought someone may be interested,

showjump2003

Visit site
Personally I would find a local charity rather than one of the big ones, plus it will save you on postage ect getting the items to a charity. I know all charities are greatful but tack donations ect mean alot more to the smaller charities as most of them are poorly advertised and their hard work goes unrewarded.

suey12

Visit site
Thanx for that, yes I would prefer smaller charities, will have a look at Ada Cole, think EMW are also quite close to me

Twiglet

Visit site
The Essex Horse and Pony Protection Society are a very good cause, and always appreciative of donations. We've donated items before and have been made welcome with a cup of tea and taken for a tour of the residents. Some of the stories are heartbreaking, but it's a really friendly place. They're in Pitsea Essex, quite easy to reach/find.