Which hose attachment?

Visit site
So I finally have some hot water fitted for the stables ? it is about 100 yards from the stables though so I want to fit a hosepipe to run down to the stables to save me carrying buckets and also for washing the horses. Only problem is I’m not sure what hose attachment I will need, does anybody have any ideas? I’m really not good with stuff like this ??

860E84EF-FB42-4311-A4D5-A053EE340132.jpeg

tda

Visit site
Just the standard yellow/grey ones from B&Q, fit to the tap, plug in the pipe, at the end they do an attachment with 5 different types of spray

Visit site
Just the standard yellow/grey ones from B&Q, fit to the tap, plug in the pipe, at the end they do an attachment with 5 different types of spray

thanks, if you could fine me a link please to the right sort that would be fab as I’ve had a look and there’s a few different yellow/grey ones. ?

Reactions: tda

paddy555

Visit site
https://www.screwfix.com/p/hozelock-sprayer-hose-fittings-starter-kit-4-pieces/9607r

this kit and this is probably the cheapest, just bought a couple. The small yellow bit goes on your tap, the ordinary connection goes onto the end of your hose and then clips onto the tap with it's yellow fitting. The other round fitting (the aqua stop) goes on the other end of the pipe and the spray attachment clicks onto it. You remove the spray attachment mid horse bath and the aqua stop stops the water until you put the spray back on.

You can also get this kit at Toolstation, I think it is about £1 more expensive.

having got the kit you then just buy (or already have) a length of hose.

very quick and easy to do with your sort of tap. Should take you about 5 mins.

Visit site
https://www.screwfix.com/p/hozelock-sprayer-hose-fittings-starter-kit-4-pieces/9607r

this kit and this is probably the cheapest, just bought a couple. The small yellow bit goes on your tap, the ordinary connection goes onto the end of your hose and then clips onto the tap with it's yellow fitting. The other round fitting (the aqua stop) goes on the other end of the pipe and the spray attachment clicks onto it. You remove the spray attachment mid horse bath and the aqua stop stops the water until you put the spray back on.

You can also get this kit at Toolstation, I think it is about £1 more expensive.

having got the kit you then just buy (or already have) a length of hose.

very quick and easy to do with your sort of tap. Should take you about 5 mins.

you mean the little on on the right goes on the tap?

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
IF you have one in your locality - and I do say "if" - then take your photo of the tap into a little hardware shop and cast yourself on their mercies. We have a lovely little shop in my part of Devon and I'd only have to take that piccie in and show them and they'd have the "widgit" for me in a flash!

Failing this then you could always brave one of the biggies like Wickes or B&Q and just hope you get someone who is kindly disposed and will help you.........

A Hoselock connection should fit it; but (oh dear sorry), it may be a bit fiddly. You will have to purchase a "Male" and "Female" connection (yep, really!) and then hopefully everything will click together fine. Hopefully. Fingers X.

PurBee

Visit site
you mean the little on on the right goes on the tap?

Youd need to unscrew the brass end ring on your tap, and then screw on the hozelock white fitting collar with yellow spout as linked - then the other hozelock fittings snap into yellow spout.

OR with your tap spout, as it is - you could slide the hose directly onto the tap spout - although, as its hot water, it’ll expand and slide off - so best use a proper fitting kit as linked above.

paddy555

Visit site
the tap on the left is what you have (just looks old and dirty) the one on the right is exactly the same as the one on the left with the yellow bit fitted. On the left hand tap about an inch from the bottom is a wider ribbed ring. That needs to be removed. May come undone with your fingers if you turn it otherwise an adjustable spanner easily gets it off. Then just replace it by screwing the yellow plastic one on.

Attachments

• DSC01425.jpeg
    DSC01425.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 5
Visit site
the tap on the left is what you have (just looks old and dirty) the one on the right is exactly the same as the one on the left with the yellow bit fitted. On the left hand tap about an inch from the bottom is a wider ribbed ring. That needs to be removed. May come undone with your fingers if you turn it otherwise an adjustable spanner easily gets it off. Then just replace it by screwing the yellow plastic one on.

Thank you both! That makes sense. ? I tried to put the attachment on tonight with the tap as it is and was wondering why i wasn’t having any success! ? ?