Which is worse over-horsing or under-horsing?

SpotsandBays

Visit site
You need a horse for the rider that you are now. But if I had to choose, as somebody who sometimes struggles with confidence, I’d much much much prefer to be under horsed rather than over horsed.

paddi22

Visit site
was on a series of clinics where the instructor was a top rider and got on every horses in each class. the horses absolutely transformed in how they went and looked like different animals, they held themselves differently, they moved differently. it was brilliant to watch and def made a few riders rethink their opinion of their horses. i think the case is that people aren't under horsed, their horses are under-ridden😅

Last edited:

cauda equina

Visit site
Yes, but -
There's a difference between not being able to get the best out of a particular horse, and being shit-scared of it sometimes
It's the second which I understand as being overhorsed but I suppose we all have our own interpretations of the term

Fat_Rascal

New User
Visit site
Thanks again for everyone’s replies, just letting you know I’ve taken on some of your advice and managed to get myself a 3 month full loan of an adorable Arab cross, she’s probably just spicy enough, and also I can get used to riding something not on the brink of retirement. So horse shopping is on hold until the summer at least. It’s been really great hearing all your stories X