Which knee boots?

Happy Hunter

Visit site
Last edited:

Jonesy

Visit site
I have the roma knee boots (but the older version with velcro, the newer ones have clips on) and they are fabulous and have never slipped.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site

JFTDWS

Visit site
I have always used Jeffries Kneeboots (Called Kneekap-cob-navy/cambridge HBK26-CNBL) www.ejeffries.co.uk They have saved my various horses knees many a time.

I use these if I'm worried about mine being a knob on the road in case he goes down, or if I'm asking him to kneel down. They never slip.

Years ago had a set of neoprene ones that I gave up using as they always slipped. Much prefer the Jeffries ones.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
I bought a pair of the Caldene brushing knee boots but I am struggling to get them to stay put during a hack, they seem to slip round.

Any one had this problem with these boots?

Not sure if maybe they are too big but got cob size for my 15.2hh sport horse so should be okay.

starryeyed

Visit site
I actually prefer these! - Or similar style,,,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westropp-...Horse_Wear_Equipment&var=&hash=item76c1f4da54

After the 3rd time of my normal style ones falling down i got in a strop and threw it in the hedge (Retrieved it in the car later)

And they dont make a 'flappy' noise that can spook some.

I was going to suggest these too. They're a brushing/knee boot in one, but I've never found standard knee boots to stay up, though saying this have never tried the Jeffries ones (bit pricey for me!) but know a lot of people recommend them.