Which Rubber Mats?

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Which are good ones and where buy from?

I have some mats but they're the bubble topped ones and I hate them. Been a long time since I had to sweep a stable, but still remember what a pita they are (for me - I'm sure others are happy with them :) ).

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Which are good ones and where buy from?

I have some mats but they're the bubble topped ones and I hate them. Been a long time since I had to sweep a stable, but still remember what a pita they are (for me - I'm sure others are happy with them :) ).

I've got the bobble top ones but they're upside down so the grooved side is upwards. They were a bit slippy to start because they seemed to have a bit of a oily coating but are fine now. Need a stiff brush where he pees for the grooves but are otherwise easy to sweep using a corn broom.

fairhill

Visit site
Equimats (the green ones!) have a cross hatch top and are easy to keep clean. They are pricey compared to the black mats but I have been very pleased with mine. They are light enough to lift and move by myself and still look good after 2 years of use.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
we've put mayo mats in ours, after recommendations on here. They are very light and easy to move and hopefully comfortable for old creaky. We wanted to get away from straw and concrete for this winter for Mum's back so have these and miscanthus atm.

whiteflower

Visit site
Those that use the mayo mats, did you follow the fitting instructions and leave the 1 inch gap round the outside ? I've just had a look at the website as I'm about to redo some rubber matting too and was intrigued by how they suggest they are fitted, surely they then just move ?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Those that use the mayo mats, did you follow the fitting instructions and leave the 1 inch gap round the outside ? I've just had a look at the website as I'm about to redo some rubber matting too and was intrigued by how they suggest they are fitted, surely they then just move ?

Mine are wedged in tight
as are my easimats in the other stable, and the equimats in the lorry fwiw!

I've never allowed for a gap... :rolleyes: