Which rug brands would you buy? A Poll

Do you have any tips for me?

• Total voters

amandathepanda

Visit site
Today I will be placing my stock order for my tack shop which is opening in Cheltenham next week & before I do so I'd like to ask other HHO users which rugs they would buy. To start off with (especially while there is a credit crunch on) I'm going to be stocking the middle of the road priced rugs but I will be adding to my product range with Horseware etc as the business builds up.
So, which middle of the range brand would you buy for your horse?

Thanks to all those who vote
smile.gif

TGM

Visit site
I don't buy Mastas anymore, as I think their quality has deteriorated. Our local tackshop sells the Funnell rugs and I have bought several from there and think they are very good value for the price!

The Original Kao

Visit site
i've never seen a G Fieldhouse rug.
Seen and used plenty mastas and I hate them, rubbish fit and the belly straps never seem to stay done up.
I really like weatherbeeta rugs and have 1 for my filly for this winter
laugh.gif

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Mark Todd..............Other than that, Rambo for me. In fact I only own MT & HW rugs now as have given away all my Masta's and Weathbeeta TO rugs. Still have the odd WB stable rug around though.

ihatework

Visit site
Wouldn't buy any of those brands I'm afraid.
Masta hate
Weatherbeeta okay but find fiddly fastenings
Never heard of Fieldhouse rugs

I am a self confessed rug snob and only buy Horseware though. But for cheap range the Amigo is good value

ladyt25

Visit site
Wouldn't buy any really other than Rambo (Horseware) ruge to be honest but answered Masta as thought they were the best of the bunch there! Do not like weatherbeeta, not had a good rug by them yet (bought a T/O one for my old pony last year cos wanted a cheaper rug - wish i hadn't bothered!).

Mind you, bought a lightweight (rainsheet really) for my horse this year and that was masta and I'm not keen on that! His stable rug is fine though and has lasted ages.

Bubbles

Visit site
I think Shires are superior to Masta and Weatherbeeta, but for a top quality turnout I'd buy Horseware everytime. Good luck with the new shop!

Bounty

www.freewebs.com
Hate Mastas - crap fit, fillings go 'dead' v. quickly and the fittings go rusty in no time at all!
mad.gif

I quite like the weatherbeetas, as they fit a wide range of neds, but I think you need to stock Fal or similar as well for the deep bodied/big necked varieties
grin.gif

_Acolyte_

Visit site
Sorry but I wouldnt buy any of the brands listed (which also seem to be the ones Countrywide stock) as I find the best brand to fit all my horses is Horsewear. I have bought Rambo, Rhino and Amigo rugs depending on what I need and how broke I am at the time
grin.gif
Wouldnt buy anything else though
smile.gif

Accy

Visit site
Out of your choices I would say Weatherbeater, but per norm i have Horsewear, Jumpers and Bucas for my lads

Rosehip

Visit site
I really rate the Masta's and Saxon rugs, each to his own I guess! I cant get 'T' fastening rugs to fit Mels chest, so I just dont bother looking at them! The Funnel range are good too, she's got a LW and its still great 2 years on! x

HenryandPeta

Visit site
I would buy Masta and Horsewhere / Rambo - but that's only because they fit my horse and Weatherbeeta don't (too narrow in the chest)! Having said that, I find Premier Equine the best for fit, quality and value - sorry!

Will you be stocking extra large sizes though? Henry takes a 7'3" and I am 20 mins from Cheltenham!! Am currently desperate for a suitable exercise sheet for him that doesn't look like a mini skirt on him!!
grin.gif