which rug?!

ice lollys or ice creams

• Total voters

showjump2003

Visit site
Ok, about to order my horse a new full neck turnout. Think I have narrowed the choice down.

Haven't done a poll before so thought I would give it a go!

teapot

Visit site
Hence I put Weatherbeeta
grin.gif

conniegirl

Visit site
NOT the masta, they fall apart with remarkable ease. my pony has had a rambo for 10 years, we put a masta on him, it lasted 2 weeks before a seam went, got it repaired it lasted 3 days before the other side went.

showjump2003

Visit site
my only other concern is the weight of them all.
My pony is blanket clipped and not the finest of builds although not fat. At the moment her rug is 300g but it rubs her. Would a 360g be much heavier or too heavy for her?

L

lilym

i normally buy weatherbeeta, but i have just bought a mark tood mw full neck, it's lovely, well made, generous fit, and has the lovely nylon lining that keeps them all shiny!

ru-fi-do

Visit site
I have voted Masta, my horse takes a 7'3 rug and have found Masta are the only ones, other than FAL and Rambo that like you i can't really afford at the mo, that come deep enough on her. Touch wood i've had my medium weight 2 years and has been fine.
smile.gif

Tempi

Visit site
premier equine - i swear by those rugs, they are brilliant value for money and the only rug (apart from mark todd) that dont rub the manes out of my two.

(ive just converted Piaffe onto them aswell!!)
grin.gif

Claireg9

Visit site
I put weatherbeeta but i would go with any apart from Masta! I did the same thing couldnt afford a more expensive rug brought Masta and now i regret it! The masta rug is too tight round the neck, not much shoulder room and sits funny on her, it bags up like the lining isn't right underneath... i dont understand why it does that!
Fal do a cheaper Slumberdown range that i would most definitly reccomend, there brilliant!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Definately not Masta, hate the make so much! Weatherbeeta are brilliant as long as you dont get the Landa (cheapest one) which can leak, the others are fantastic. Ive also heard good things about Mark Todds.

ecrozier

Visit site
LOVE my mark todd rugs, never buy anything else. OH bought a masta for his mare, and wishes he had waited and ordered the MT as the masta comes up small, isn't nearly as deep, neck too short etc and just doesn't seem as warm. WB have been good too in the past.

showjump2003

Visit site
Ok, so not a masta then lol. The only thing I don't like about the weatherbeetas that I have had is that the neck doesn't seem to stay up very well and the front of the neck isn't covered very well. How do the mark todds compare? Does the neck stay up?

ecrozier

Visit site
I've found the mark todd combos I have for my 2, the neck stays up fine covers them both right up to their ears as well which I like (so well on the little arab, his ears are just inside the rug a lot of the time!).
Can't recommend them enough I have to say!