Which sites are best for finding a first ridden pony?

sparky1981

Visit site
In the spring I am thinking about the next pony for my 7 year old to help her gain confidence and ultimately go off the leadrein. Which is the best way to find one of these gold dust ponies?any sites good?is it worth posting a wanted advert?we will ideally be looking for an older schoolmaster type on loan but would buy. What sort of budget do you think we would need?im guessing there’s going to be a lot of people looking for the same thing and being in the south west we may have to travel a fair bit to find what we are looking for. Any suggestion would be great

HeyMich

Visit site
I don't know, but if you work it out please tell me!!

We're after something a bit bigger, as my 10 yr old is tall and lanky, but still needs to be a 1st ridden type. Needle in a haystack time...

Good luck with the search!!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
word of mouth is the best bet but if nothing comes up could be worth looking on horsequest as they seem to have a pretty good selection at the moment....if you do an advanced search you can put in size needed and price so you get a list

J&S

Visit site
Ask your farrier. They get around and might be able to give you advanced warning of a pony about to come on the market. Mine certainly found me a little jewel.

be positive

Visit site
There are usually a few on NFED which covers some of the SW, otherwise the local and main PC sites would be worth keeping an eye on, word of mouth is useful if you start asking early enough you may find someone contacts you first.

minesadouble

Visit site
I found our perfect confidence giving 12.2 on Horsequest. He’d been for sale for a month and I can’t believe he hadn’t been snapped up.
1657C8B7-680F-4F2A-AE13-3EF0524618D8.png
Apologies for dodgy pic - can’t work out how to re-size!

There is also a fb group called lead rein and first ridden ponies for loan and sale

sparky1981

Visit site
I found our perfect confidence giving 12.2 on Horsequest. He’d been for sale for a month and I can’t believe he hadn’t been snapped up.
View attachment 27516
Apologies for dodgy pic - can’t work out how to re-size!

There is also a fb group called lead rein and first ridden ponies for loan and sale
He’s lovely!thankyou will have a look