Which stable?

not_with_it

Visit site
I am currently on the lookout for a new yard but there is nothing in the area so it looks like we may have to stay put for another winter.

The main yard which are brick stables.
Close to the school, muck heap and taps
Stables leak
Have to go through one stable to get to the other
Floor is uneven
All my stuff is in the feed room with everyone elses.

Round the back there is the barn which has 4 large stables.
They are bigger stables, each has its own door
Dirt floors, no hard standing
I would be able to keep all my stuff together just outside.
The downside is I would have to carry my water from the main yard round the back and the same with my muck.
They are also quite exposed
I would have to walk further to my field and the school.

I just dont know what to do. I am seriously considering moving into the barn to get away from everyone. Im am just so fed up with the goings on at the minute I just want to be left alone. I just dont want to move and give up my stables and regret it.

Which would you chose?

kal40

Visit site
Barn for me - easy decision. Going through other stables, I just can't imagine that.

I the barn is on the same yard surely it can't be that far away?

Finlib

Visit site
def. barn
Could you use large water containers to move water up to the barn and refill them once or twice a week so water isn't carried every day.
Also could you get large deep wheel barrow to minimise the number of times you go to the muck heap
I bought a large 2 wheel wheelbarrow several years ago and can thoroughly muck out a stable with one load .The barrow being 2 wheel and more stable can be used and load water containers when full into it to move them up to the barn.
Pressume you can store hay and bedding at barn site

TheFarmersWife

Visit site
I've just bought a H2Go water carrier for use with a wheel barrow for £7 delivered on amazon, to transport 80L of water at a time to my stable.
If that helps at all :)