Which stallion for my mare?

shugmx

Visit site
Not sure why you have commented about my reply Spring Feather. Origanal post asked for any information on stallions and bloodlines. Thought it would just be information that would be of interest. If my post has no relevance so be it, but yes you are impolite highlighting this.

windand rain

Visit site
It confuses me a bit why a novice would try and breed a top notch foal from and unproven mare and unproven stallion. The risks to the mare are huge, the cost enormous and the outcome far from guaranteed. If you want to breed a nice horse with class and quality who can be a top class alrounder and you want to keep it then perhaps ok if you can afford to lose the mare, foal or both. I still think if you want to have a foal most people are better buying from a good breeder who has carefully selected mares and stallions to suit each other. Genetically you can improve on the mare with an exceptional stallion if you know what you are doing but please remember that all animals including humans tend to the norm so you could breed a perfectly ordinary horse from top lines but still end up with nothing special hence the huge overbreeding of TBs for racing they breed the best to the best and hope for the best but the foal is more often than not a huge disappointment as you cannot rule out the foal getting the ordinary genes in every background. So yes you may end up with the next Big Star but you are more likely to end up with a great and moderately talented all rounder. Temperament is key if you breed as if they fail to make the top notch they have to fit into horse society