Which weather conditions most upset your horse...

dent or dint?

• Total voters

jemstone

Visit site
Definitely wind!! Although he rarely turns into a loonatic just a little more awake thats all.

He also hates being cold but doesnt change too much then! He is a very chilled chap pretty much all the time!

jj_87

Visit site
Deffo wind all of mine act like utter loonies when its windy both ridden and turned out! Plus Chelsea cant cope in the winter when shes clipped and its raining and windy as her exercise sheet inflates allwoing her to spook at herself!

TGM

Visit site
Mine is fine in wind and rain and thunderstorms! Haven't tried snow yet, though! Is lazy in hot sun, but worst weather conditions for her are bright sunshine after rain - she hates the reflections off puddles
crazy.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
Doesnt bother with wind, doesnt bother with much. His problem is when it is blowing rain/snow/sleet into his face, that is where its time to...get off.

parsley

Visit site
Bomber is always calm but he hates the snow and rain - he just wants to hide behind a bush (difficult given his size) with his bum to the weather!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
I would have to say wind, but seeing as it is usually blowing a gale at the moment they are all starting to get used to the idea!! LOL!!

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
Dorey, bless her, doesn't give much of a fuss in wind. Nor in rain, thunder, cyclones and apocalypses.

But, as soon as it gets to hot for her, she cannot hold her head still, and the more that moves around, the more agitated she gets, and the more likely to spaz out she is.

It's not pollen, it might be flies, it could just be her being a pain in the ass.

I suspect it's all three actually... lol!

But yeah, Dorey hates the heat...

spike123

Visit site
I can ride Spike in any weather but when its windy he goes from being this laid back horse to a total loony who finds everything spookworthy.

JadeWisc

Visit site
ditto on the wind....but my horses LOVE a heavy snowfall!!!! It errupts a playful instinct in them I see rarely otherwise. They roll....run......buck...and all the good stuff! It so much fun to watch !

pocket

Visit site
Ralph seems undeterred by any weather, but put a few flies or midges into the equation and he goes loopy. I lunged him tonight and I would describe a scene from forty towers
crazy.gif

He had a fly on his belly and as he was trotting he was bringing his hind legs up like Bazil Forty.....was in stitches
grin.gif

Even after washing him down he was having a paddy and kicking his hind legs under his belly, so I put him back out into the field and all was calm.............

Prudence

Visit site
Rain - makes her tremble and shudder and shout her head off to come in. Wind - it makes me wonder why I want to ride her one day
24.gif

SSM

Visit site
Rain, she goes sideways in it with her head tucked in - and I get wet! She's also not impressed by very hot weather and goes like a 50 year old donkey on valium.

As for wind, does not phase her in the least - but she does seem to have plenty of her own
grin.gif

jacks_mum

Visit site
i think it has to be too hot for me because Jack behaves vilely when there are too many flies about, particularly horse flies. He gets a right strop on and even rears if they attack him. Other than flies he's very well behaved.

pottamus

Visit site
I can ride my horse in any weather, sleet, howling winds, icy rain the lot...but he gets grumpy in his field when it has been cold with lashing rain. When I come to get him in he will charge about tossing his head around...even though he has stood out in it when he has access to a field shelter!!! Never could work that one out!
smile.gif